Senior Software Engineer (f/m/d) at AWIN AG (Berlin, Deutschland)
Location: Berlin, Deutschland
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-06-18 05:00:09
Please note that after submitting your CV we kindly ask you to take our technical test by uploading your CV via our Rest API at cvu.awin.com. Thank you!
Working within one of our agile Engineering teams, this role reports to a Lead Engineer. You will be working closely with your team members to write and test code, implement new features and maintain our award-winning affiliate marketing platform. As a Senior Engineer, writing SOLID, secure & well-tested code is just the beginning of your skill set. You are an expert in your technical stack, able to code quickly and efficiently while contributing to design and infrastructure discussions. You are flexible working with different technologies as needed. You enjoy coaching and mentoring junior colleagues to improve their skills, extending their awareness from the codebase to include topics such as quality, environments and delivery.You are a passionate and innovative technologist with a proactive, quality first approach to development and keen to gain exposure to the latest development practices and toolsets within an interactive and fun development environment.
We work with an exciting mixture of technologies including PHP, Java, Kafka, Jenkins, Micro-services (Docker, REST) and Angular.
Key responsibilities within this superb role include:
- Code development, refactoring and innovation
- Build new products and help shape development technologies and practices
- Help re-engineer and continuously improve existing applications
- Work with Product Managers and Owners to convert user stories to features and tasks
- Grapple with business logic and help solve business needs
- Design and build distributed systems using streaming and queueing solutions
- Work with new technologies and be encouraged to experiment and innovate
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will:
- Work inside a small team with a well described and groomed product backlog and be comfortable with agile methodologies and practices
- Develop code and contribute to reviews, retrospectives, planning and development sessions
- Contribute to group development initiatives and discussions
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues in a timely fashion when required
- Communicate effectively in both verbal (day-to-day discussions, team meetings) and written forms (documentation, emails, communication tools) with local and remote team members
Whilst the above is a guide to general expectation of the role, we expect this position to evolve allowing you greater scope to gain both knowledge and experience within the online and affiliate marketplace.
Skills & Expertise
To be successful, you will need to meet the below requirements:
- Minimum 6 years' commercial Software Engineering experience
- Proven track record with either PHP, Zend/Symfony or Java, Maven, Spring (ideally SpringBoot)
- Experienced with RESTful APIs and Microservices, Unit testing and MySQL or MariaDB
- Some initial experience with other technical stacks and not reluctant to switch between programming languages and stacks as we currently support a dual stack of PHP and Java in the team
- Experience with streaming and queuing solutions (ideally Kafka)
- Passion for writing elegant code and a desire to constantly refactor and improve, with a good understanding of SOLID design principles and OOP
- You are open minded to trying new approaches, technical and procedural
- Experience working within a cross-functional engineering team alongside Product Owners, UX Designers and Agile Coaches
- Strong knowledge of Git and agile processes
- Exposure to TDD or BDD practices
- You are not afraid of touching front-end code from time to time, ideally initial experience with either Angular or React
Although not required, we would be excited if you had experience with some of the below:
- Non-relational databases (e.g. MongoDB) and in-memory search tools (Elasticsearch)
- Building systems cloud-first (Docker, AWS - Lambda, DynamoDB, and related serverless technologies)
- Maintaining CI/CD pipelines
- Understanding the concepts of DDD and hexagonal architecture
- Working on subscription or high-volume transactional systems
- Using the ELK stack for monitoring applications
- Refactoring legacy applications
You will be expected to have an understanding of what affiliate marketing is and what we do in the industry for any role within Awin.
What we can offer you
- With work-life balance at the forefront of Awin's ethos, we have switched to a 4-day week on a trial basis enabling our employees to have more time for family, friends, hobbies or anything else.
- Flexible working hours
- Home-office options and a beautiful office in the heart of Berlin
- Numerous training opportunities to nurture self-development