Senior DevOps Engineer (m/f/d) at Westwing Home & Living (Munich, Germany)
Location: Munich, Germany
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-06-18 05:00:10
The Westwing mission is to inspire and make every home a beautiful home. We are on a quest to bring the wonders of eCommerce for home & living to our more than 1.5 million active customers in 11 countries. In only 10 years on the market, we have grown to more than 433 million Euros in annual revenue. More importantly, the opportunity ahead of us is massive.
The Westwing team is the secret to our success. Our more than 1,700 team members balance creativity and style with innovative technology and strong business fundamentals. We are proud to be working with inspiring colleagues who are smart, fun, ambitious, and looking for the challenge to transform an industry and take it into the future.
Do you think this could be you? We are looking for a Senior DevOps Engineer (m/f/d) for our Technology Department. In this position, you will enable developers to work at their highest efficiency by driving a culture of automation and keeping systems running smoothly.
Who are we:
The teams you will be working with the most, are responsible for the internal applications that power the processes of customer communication, product info management, product purchasing, order fulfilment and more. The teams are located in Germany and Poland, and are working from our Munich or Warsaw office, as well as fully remotely. We are currently looking for a dedicated Senior DevOps Engineer (m/f/d) that will help these teams to bring the team’s infrastructure, monitoring and alerting, and internal processes to the next level.
What you will do:
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams of application developers
- Ensure that systems have proper monitoring and alerting
- Work with application teams to move existing applications running on AWS to Kubernetes through and refactor migration strategies
- Ensure solid, highly available, scalable, and performant solutions across both applications and infrastructure
- Understand load, events, and traffic patterns and use that information to ensure we have the proper capacities, ahead of time
- Support the engineering teams on the automated deployments running on Gitlab CI/CD and infrastructure
- Define the infrastructure-related standards and push for them to be implemented across the area
What we expect from you:
- At least 2 years of experience in Infrastructure Engineering or Operational role such as DevOps, Site Reliability Engineer
- Hands-on experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Hands-on experience with Kubernetes (K8S)
- Prior experience using automation tools (Ansible, Puppet, Terraform) desired
- In-depth knowledge working with and managing Git (Gitlab, Github)
- Strong knowledge and understanding of CI/CD processes and tools (Jenkins, Gitlab CI)
- Very good knowledge of Docker containers and related orchestration technologies (Kubernetes)
- Coding skills in shell scripting (sh, bash) and proficient in at least one other language (PHP, Python, Node.js, Go, etc)
- Knowledge about web applications and capability of debugging infrastructure related issues
- Good communication skills, very fluent English
What we appreciate:
- Passion for automating the repetitive tasks and metrics collection and dashboards to improve team processes
- AWS Certifications is a plus (AWS Certified: SysOps Administrator, DevOps Engineer, Solutions Architect)
- Kubernetes certification is a plus
- Former experience in Software Engineering would be a big plus, especially if it was with PHP or Node.js
- Open-minded people, willing to learn new topics, new programming languages, and gather new skills
- Willingness to work across functions to get the job done
Location: Munich, Berlin, remote in Germany, Warsaw, remote in Poland, remote in Spain, remote in Italy Contact Person: Andrea GalantucciRequisition Number: 2359Interested? Looking forward to your full application under specification of your possible starting date and salary expectation.