Senior Full Stack Developer at ezyVet () (allows remote)
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-06-18 05:00:11
We develop and distribute technology that innovates, automates and changes the Veterinary market globally. Through ezyVet, our customers book a patient appointment every 3 seconds, request a diagnostic test every 28 seconds and drive our product through our feature request and user feedback forum. Our customers promote ideas, allowing us to focus on the engineering, knowing our product is developing into what they want rather than what we think they want.So, what’s your mission?In 2018 we started the journey of migrating our entire frontend to ReactJS, from our legacy PHP. We now have multiple core parts of ezyVet built using ReactJS together with Redux. Your challenge is to continue to refactor and build simple yet scaleable solutions for complex workflows. This will involve juggling multiple priorities using agile practices adding new functionality along the way.
A bit about our stackOur legacy public API is written in PHP with Lumen framework and is currently used by more than 100 partners (and a mountain of others lining up to integrate) as well as our 5 internally built mobile apps, which are built in React Native (3 of these exciting apps are currently being migrated from Swift to React Native). This API will be replaced soon with a full Laravel stack. This allows us to build APIs for our partners, for the new ReactJS frontend as well as for our mobile apps.
Auckland HQ is where the bulk of the engineering horse power is based but our London operation is the turbo charger and both continue to grow. We run a pod structure (currently 7 across London & Auckland), follow an agile methodology, and collaborate on all aspects of the development stack to produce elegant code.
What your typical day would look like?
- Start the day with with some light banter with your team. In normal times looking out over SW15 from our open plan Zeeta House office above Putney Station.
- Flex those fingers, warm up that mechanical keyboard and get ready to code your heart out. We're talking perfectly structured framework objects, building beautiful code, refactor and repeat
- Stand up – we value collaboration here
- Tackle that coding problem, find solutions and work on transferring legacy features to an API that will be consumed by a brand new UI framework, partners and our mobile apps
- Grab some lunch and kick back in the office maybe head down to the local gym or check out the local eats at your door step.
- Tackle some more problems...
- Afternoon coffee top up, or tea if you fancy
- Spend the afternoon in GitLab, reviewing fellow coder's code, coach some junior team members in best practice and keep collaborating!
Could you be who we’re looking for?
- At least 2 years of web development experience
- Proven delivery and action orientated
- Experience with PHP | MySQL | AWS
- Experience with unit testing (PHP Unit)
- Strong OO design patterns, modular design
- Experience building and consuming APIs (JSON, SOAP)
- Scrum master experience is a bonus ensuring the team executes agile principles and follows the processes and practices
Nice to have: ReactJS, Typescript, AWS or other cloud architecture
Bottom line is we're looking for drive, passion, and a willingness to learn – if we’re preaching what your practicing, we’d love to hear from you but you'll need the right to live and work in the UK for this to have wheels.