Frontend Developer at Mobile and Web - DIG B.V. (Amsterdam, Netherlands)
Location: Amsterdam, Netherlands
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-06-18 05:00:11
Frontend Developer – Mobile and Web (intermediate)About Digital Insurance GroupDigital Insurance Group, DIG, is a leading InsurTech innovator and a next generation technology partner to insurers, banks and brokers. Its data-driven insurance platform enables insurers, banks, brokers and other companies to offer fully integrated insurance solutions to their customers at record speed.Our ultimate goal is to disrupt insurance across the world, and positively impact the lives of millions of people by delivering peace of mind when it comes to managing your insurance in a truly digital way. We deliver a fully digital insurance experience to end-customers and partners such as banks, brokers, media companies and insurers, allowing all businesses to digitally distribute insurance to their customers.Now that you know us...a bit more about you:We are looking for passionate, and talented Front-end Engineers who have the experience building innovative, mission critical customer facing applications.In this role you will build the mobile and web applications for our platform to enable insurers, banks and brokers globally to innovate at record speed while leveraging their existing IT architecture. You will work within an Agile/Scrum environment, in a multi-disciplinary team at a multi-location product organization in Amsterdam.This is a rapidly evolving space and we are looking for engineers who are comfortable working with various disciplines to deliver best in class, re-usable, and scalable UI solutions to our customers.Interested in InsurTech business? Help us reshape the insurance business!Our Technology Stack
- React / React Native, Context and Hooks APIs
- Design, code and maintain mobile/ web applications user experiences end-to-end.
- Optimize code for performance, stability and maintainability.
- Work with a cross-functional Scrum Team of cloud engineers, application/UI software engineers, QA/Validation and DevOps.
- Leverage native APIs for deep integrations with both platforms.
- Diagnose and fix bugs and performance bottlenecks for performance that feels native.
- Deploying of React Native applications to Apple App Store and Google Play Store.
- 3+ years' experience building production client-side or mobile applications.
- Hands-on experience across front-end user interfaces, business logic, and data tiers.
- Experience defining front end architectures and exploring technical feasibility trade-offs.
- The knowledge of the ES6 syntax and ES7-10 features.
- Have the ability to perform diagnostics on issues inside and outside the code-base.
- Experience with building and deploying of React Native mobile applications to the App Store and Play Store.
- Experience with Jest or other unit testing libraries.
- Experience with Styled components or other JSS based styling libraries.
- High level of proficiency in HTML/CSS3 and knowledge of best practices and common patterns.
- Experience with Git repository, CI/CD and DevOps way of thinking.
- Experience with technologies such Android, PHP, Java, Kotlin, Swift, Objective C, SQL, Node.js is a plus.
- You live in the Netherlands or in Serbia.
- Fluent in English, both written and verbally.
- Experience developing highly interactive user experiences and an understanding of design for scalability, performance and reliability on the client side.
- Development experience defining, developing and maintaining REST based interfaces.
- The ability to think and work Agile and have the knowledge of best practices.
What we offer
- Flexible working hours
- 25 holidays
- Birthday PTO - an extra day off on your Birthday
- Company Premium free Pension
- Start-up environment, backed by top US and European VC's
- Great workplace atmosphere in the heart of Amsterdam
- A highly motivated and talented international team
- Opportunity to bring in your ideas in our innovations
- Biweekly DIG Thursday drinks
We'd love to meet you and discuss this role in more detail. Apply via the application form.Agency calls are not appreciated.