Senior Web Developer at The Procter & Gamble Company (Boston, MA)
Location: Boston, MA
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-06-18 05:00:12
Information Technology (IT) at Procter & Gamble is where business, innovation and technology integrate to build a competitive advantage for P&G. Our mission is clear -- we deliver IT to help P&G win with the over 5 billion consumers we serve worldwide. Our IT professionals are diverse business leaders who apply IT skills to deliver game-changing business models and capabilities for our 65 iconic, trusted brands.
From Day 1, you will be trusted to dive right in, take the lead, use your initiative, and build billion-dollar brands that help make everyday activities easier and make the world a better place. You’ll be doing meaningful work that takes your career places you never imagined. And you’ll do this in creative workspaces where new insights thrive and where your technical skills is recognized and rewarded.
Grooming is building a Direct to Consumer (DTC) team to bring our most loved products to our consumers. The senior web developer will play a crucial role in building our eCommerce DTC Stores! They will lead development of new and customized functionality within our ecommerce platform that will optimize the consumer experience and create an outstanding consumer on site experience.
The OpportunityWe are looking for an experienced web developer with experience bringing to life top UI/UX design by integrating innovative development for DTC and/or eCommerce retail sites with our user-centric, mobile first design. Our team is driving innovation, and we require a teammate who has an affinity for problem solving, operating with discipline, and can work across multi-functional teams.
The ideal candidate:
- Has created and maintained functional, attractive, and business building websites for Direct-to-Consumer brands.
- Has executed rapid prototyping for design concepts such as landing pages, data collection, and web apps across different business categories.
- Has led the website optimization process - understanding consumer needs, defining the overall experience, and then translating it into live pages using sitemaps and wireframes.
- Has identified and led integration of partner web apps on site and be responsible for understanding and effectively engaging the use of our centralized platforms and repositories.
- Has accurate implementation of code management, themes, templates and tagging schema to support builds and data collection is imperative.
- Lead a small team of developers to deliver product increments
- Supervise the development of the sites & software standards
- Set DevOps & technical standards for leading the DTC applications, including CI/CD pipelines
- Help transition of the D2C solution to a new development team co-located with the brand
- Design the structure and design of web pages.
- Develop features to enhance the user experience.
- Build reusable code for future use.
- Ensure design is responsive & optimized across device
- Optimize web pages for maximum speed and scalability
- Collaborate with back-end developers and web designers to improve usability
- Write functional requirement documents and guides
- 5+ years web development experience, minimum of 2 with DTC and eCommerce sites
- Experienced with Responsive Designs
- Strong familiarity of API, GraphQL, & OAuth integration protocols (Knowledge of JSON, JQuery, XML, W3C standards)
- Implementation of CI/CD pipelines on Azure DevOps. Working knowledge of test automation and code quality management
- SEO and Analytics tag implementation and management
- Experience using A/B testing to inform experiments and/or optimize conversion rates
- Big Commerce platform working knowledge and backend expertise in Node.js, PHP, or python expertise is highly desired
The value of a P&G career
- Ongoing mentorship and career development – you will work with passionate people and have access to outstanding training through our P&G Leadership Academy as well as day-to-day mentoring from your manager
- We provide a market-competitive salary benchmarked against the finest companies, so you'll be able to spend your generous vacation time doing more of the things you love with the people you love
- We offer a suite of benefits, including but not limited to: flexible working arrangements, generous paid vacation increasing with service, generous parental leave policies, group life insurance, health insurance, and dedicated support to help you find the right child care or elder care
- Additional perks include discounted P&G products from our company shops and a discount platform offering you unbeatable savings on everything from groceries to exotic holidays
- What's more, your financial package might include things like interest-free loans, a tax-advantageous share purchase plan, a contributory pension plan, and financial education and advisement on topics including purchasing real estate and generating wealth
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital status, citizenship, HIV/AIDS status or any other legally protected factor.
Immigration sponsorship is not available for this role. As a general matter, Procter & Gamble does not sponsor candidates for nonimmigrant visas or permanent residency. However, Procter & Gamble may make exceptions on a discretionary basis. Any exceptions would be based on the Company's specific business needs at the time and place of recruitment as well as the particular qualifications of the individual.
Procter & Gamble participates in e-verify as required by law.
Qualified individuals will not be disadvantaged based on being unemployed.