DevOps Engineer at Boomtown (Tempe, AZ) (allows remote)
Location: Tempe, AZ
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-06-18 05:00:12
Boomtown is the customer experience management company. We help enterprises and their partner ecosystems deliver exceptional customer experiences with complete visibility and precise control.
Our CXMEngine includes pre-built CRM connectors, experience orchestration and automation tools, as well as knowledge delivery and integrated communication solutions in one seamless platform.
The world's largest businesses trust our technology because it has been tested and proven in the most complex and secure business environments. Customer experience professionals choose us because we deliver simplicity at massive scale, streamlining CXM efforts at every customer touchpoint.
Founded in 2014, Boomtown is made up of dedicated CXM experts and technologists. We are headquartered in Tiburon, California, and backed by NYCA Partners, Telstra Ventures, Capital One Ventures, and Commerce Ventures.
To learn more and to join the enterprises delivering exceptional experiences to over 1.6 million customers with Boomtown, please visit: www.goboomtown.com.
About the Role
This is a fantastic opportunity for an intelligent, communicative and highly motivated individual to help drive the continued growth and performance of our company.
We're in search of a DevOps Engineer who's ready to help us take our customer experience to new heights through improved development automation, testing, performance metrics, and release processes. You'll need to have strong experience in Linux/Unix administration, because you'll be creating Chef cookbooks/recipes to deploy & scale our PHP-based SaaS application services - which means you'll need to have some experience in PHP, too. As a DevOps Engineer, you'll also be working in conjunction with like-minded departments such as architecture, engineering, and QA to deploy these services and manage our instances and associated processes. It'll definitely help for you to be detail-oriented and a skilled problem solver, because you'll also be helping us to streamline our processes - and automating them where applicable.
We have engineers across the United States and Europe and place a premium on expertise over your physical location. This role will report directly to Boomtown's Chief Technology Officer.
- Oversee our source control, CI/CD, and test systems to maintain an efficient development workflow across multiple codebases and development teams.
- Support the tools and test environments for a highly distributed team.
- Manage system configuration templates for Boomtown platform development and production environments.
- Integrate feedback into the Boomtown platform, measuring everything that is moved into production.
- Share performance data with stakeholders to foster stability, performance, and capacity within the Boomtown platform.
- Oversee production release events, both scheduled and emergency.
- Participate in resolution of high-severity production incidents.
- Collaborate both within and between teams on problem solving.
- Automate common and repetitive processes to free up time for higher-level work.
- Share project estimates and requirements to enable accurate planning with realistic timelines.
- Work closely with development/IT to ensure systems are in line with the long-term strategy.
- Document and complete knowledge transfer to IT/production support.
- Participate in IT projects.
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills and Experience
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Engineering, or equivalent work experience.
- 2+ years' experience in a DevOps Engineer role (or similar role); experience in software development and infrastructure development is a plus.
- Proficiency in Unix-based infrastructures, Linux/Unix administration, and clustered/HA environments.
- Proficiency in the Git version control system, including administrative tasks.
- Experience with CI/CD tools such as GitLab or Jenkins.
- Experience with testing frameworks such as Karate, Junit, PHPUnit.
- Experience with analytics & monitoring tools like Grafana.
- Experience with automation & configuration tools such as Chef.
- Experience with project management and workflow tools such as Jira.
- Thorough understanding of the software development life cycle in a SaaS context.
- Knowledge of best practices and IT operations in an always-up, always-available service.
- Strong communication skills and ability to explain protocols and processes to stakeholders.
- Stellar troubleshooting skills with the ability to spot issues before they become problems.
- Time and project management skills, with the capability to prioritize and multitask as needed.
- Solid team player.
If you're excited about redefining how companies deliver exceptional customer experiences, come join us and help shape the future of our company. Boomtown is a close group that values hard work, dedication, learning, and creativity. We offer equity participation in an early stage, high growth technology company, competitive medical, dental, vision, and wellness benefits, unlimited time off, and cash and stock bonuses for excellent performance.