Linux Systems Engineer at JazzHR (Pittsburgh, PA) (allows remote)
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-06-18 05:00:14
JazzHR is actively seeking an experienced Linux Systems Engineer to join our Pittsburgh-based team. In this role, you'll be responsible for supporting and enhancing a complex SaaS infrastructure hosted on AWS, as well as the internal tools and processes used to build, deploy, and monitoring our software.
Reporting to the Director of Technology Operations, you'll work with others on the team to design, implement, and improve our end-to-end processes and environments. Your focus will be on the improving operational elements of our services including improving orchestration processes, spinning up new infrastructure, maintaining and supporting multiple stacks, and integrating with the development teams.
What you'll be doing:
- Maintain a high level of availability and quality of service
- Triage and respond to operational alerts
- Improve the accuracy and depth of monitoring, in both internal and external observability systems
- Plan upgrades and migrations for existing systems
- Participate in design and deployment of new systems
- Work successfully as a part of a team and independently
- Make decisions and/or solve problems
- Constant communication with individuals at all levels within the organization
- Participate in a low-volume, off-hours on-call rotation to escalated alarms
What you'll bring:
- 2+ years full-time (or significant professional/personal) experience as a Linux systems administrator or engineer
- Understanding of the DevOps mindset and culture
- A passion for continuous learning and improvement
- Experience with maintaining high-uptime Linux systems, including responding to production failures
- Familiarity with networking concepts
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS) or similar cloud providers
- Familiarity with configuration management, code building, and/or deployment tools
- Experience with Docker/containers
- Competency in MySQL, or similar relational databases; full-text or document search platforms like Solr, Elasticsearch, MongoDB, etc. are a plus
- Knowledge of monitoring solutions like Nagios, Zabbix, New Relic, Rollbar, etc
- Solid Bash, Python, and/or PHP scripting skills
Since 2009, JazzHR has raised the bar in the recruiting software industry, with many of our innovations becoming industry-standard. We’re the first company to put powerful, yet easy-to-use recruiting software in the hands of startups, growing companies, and small businesses from all industries.
We’re called JazzHR because we feel it’s a powerful metaphor for the way our software breaks the rules of our industry. Jazz music doesn’t fit into a box. Jazz fans don’t fit in a box. Our company certainly doesn’t fit in a box, either! We're in constant pursuit of improvement. We're always developing new tools, features, and integrations to help over 7,000 businesses that trust us to help them recruit and grow their businesses.
JazzHR has offices in Pittsburgh, PA and Waltham, MA. Most recently, our team was named "Company of the Year" by the Golden Bridge Awards, a Leader in G2's Fall 2019 Reports and part of the Pittsburgh Business Times' 2019 "Fast 50" List. JazzHR was also included on the Inc 5000 list of Fastest Growing Companies for the third year, chosen for TrustRadius's 2019 Top Rated Award and named a 2019 "Rising Star" by the ADP Marketplace. We're proud of our accomplishments - click here to see more!
Our team is at the center of everything we do. If you want to contribute to a growing organization, be challenged, and see the results of your efforts, apply to one of our open positions today!
JazzHR is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are solely based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications without regard to race, gender, religion, ethnicity, age or any other status protected by the laws and regulations where we operate.