Software Engineer - Full Stack at Sector Labs (Dubai, United Arab Emirates)
Location: Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-06-18 05:00:16
We’re looking for a developer to become a part of a platform that handles millions of requests per day. Continuous integration, auto-scaled rolling releases, event-driven micro-service architectures are all part of the daily gig.
Do you value openness, transparency and empowerment? dubizzle "Squads" are high performing x-functional teams set with a mission to provide win-win exchanges for our beloved users. Bayut & dubizzle have now joined forces to acquire the region's largest Unicorn status !
Liaises with the other engineers within your product stream, the QA team, the design team and your Tech Team Leads. As a Full stack Engineer, you will be responsible for advancing our development stack and ensuring scale as we grow to millions of monthly active users across many countries
What you'll be doing
- Full stack Engineers build and maintain robust APIs - from the service that powers them right down to the line of code that perfects them.
- They ensure all our services are healthy, monitored, automated, and designed to scale.
- You'll work closely with other teams from the early stages of design all the way through identifying and resolving production issues.
- You will support a wide range of products focusing on automation, availability and performance, and above all reliability as well as supporting mobile engineers and business intelligence leading up to, during and after each sprint.
- You will live true to our ambitions of building an industry-leading platform which is relentlessly focussed on innovation.
- Develop elegant solutions for complex problems;
- Write and maintain exemplary code following dubizzle’s programming practices;
- Gain a detailed understanding of the complete architecture of our product and the position of your product stream in it;
- Work in a mentoring capacity within a peer-programming environment and provide guidance on tasks, irrespective of complexity or scale;
- Handle the entire software development life cycle, end to end
Knowledge & Experience
- Good understanding of any backend technology is a must; Python is preferred;
- Good understanding of at least one MVC frameworks (Ember, Angular, Backbone or React) is a must;
- Experience with free and open-source web application frameworks is a plus, e.g. Django, Bottle or Flask;
- In-depth knowledge of database management technologies, preferably MySQL, PostgreSQL and understanding of NoSQL databases
- Understanding of Agile Methodologies such as Kanban, Scrum and XP;
- Experience working on high-traffic and large-scale web products;
- Experience with web infrastructure, distributed systems, performance analysis, search infrastructure;
- Experience with AWS technologies and application deployment using containers (e.g. Docker) is a plus;
- Must have experienced the whole development cycle from start to finish, with CI/CD;
- Experience with Mobile-first & Responsive web design methodologies;
- Experience with testing and developing across multiple browsers while maintaining a consistent experience;
- Some understanding of build tools like Gulp or Webpack and package management tools like bower & NPM;
- Understanding of client-side performance issues;
- Good eye for design and UX;
- Experience with internationalization and working on websites with multiple languages is a plus;
Qualifications & specialist skills
- Bsc in Computer Science or a related field
- 3+ years of experience with any backend technologies, Python preferred
- Analytical thinking; Conceptual thinking; Detail-oriented;
- Excellent communication & interpersonal skills. This is an absolute must. We have heated debates around complicated subjects and you will be expected to defend your points of view.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and quickly adjust in a rapidly changing environment;
- A fast paced, high performing team.
- Multicultural environment with over 25 different nationalities
- Competitive Tax-free Salary & commissions
- Comprehensive Health insurance
- Annual Air Ticket Allowance
- Employee discounts at multiple vendors across the emirates
- Rewards & Recognitions
- Learning & Development