Location: Wilmslow, UK
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-06-18 05:00:47
Waters Corporation is currently seeking a Senior Software Engineer to join our organization. Working in the Instrument Control team on new product development, this area of our business is highly collaborative, operating in an interdisciplinary environment which integrates software, electrical and systems engineering.
As a Senior Software Engineer, you have a key role in creating revolutionary, impactful software and services that our customers love.
Our software engineers are a key component in our ability to provide instruments and software that enable our customers to undertake drug testing, neonatal screening, conducting food safety tests and many more applications. Our instruments have been critical in helping our customers develop covid tests and vaccines.
What can we offer?
In addition to salary, we work flexibly and provide 25 days holidays, excellent family friendly benefits such as attractive employer pension contribution, life assurance, income protection and private medical. With Waters, there are plenty of opportunities for you to grow, develop and contribute.
Remote working options are available.
What does a software engineer at Waters do?
- Design, develop and maintain all aspects of front-end software developed by the department.
- Work in a collaborative environment to influence the team with user-focused thinking and motivate others to think of the UX and the end user first.
- Work closely with other members of the development teams in ideation sessions and concept creation.
- Work in close partnership with software test engineers to improve product quality.
- Provide code, automated tests and supporting documentation in accordance with the software development processes.
- Provide software and technical support to internal and external users.
- Seek opportunities for improved productivity, efficiency and quality.
- Build strong working relationships with other departments.
What will we expect from you?
- Degree (or equivalent experience) in a design, science, engineering or computing related subject.
- Experience with interaction design principles, preferably designing for a range of platforms.
- Experience with responsive design and responsive frameworks.
- Excellent communication and decision making skills.
- Passionate about software development, which you can clearly convey by your actions and experiences.
- Full-stack software development experience is desirable but not essential.