Backend Software Engineer at Esri (Arlington, VA)
Location: Arlington, VA
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-06-18 05:00:50
We are looking for a software engineer who is driven to build and maintain large-scale backend services, databases, and API. You would be responsible for the systems design, development, and delivery of global services that improve government open data sharing and community collaboration. This includes designing flexible, extensible systems that have a great developer experience, fast and reliable performance, and robust operations with high-availability and monitoring.
What We Do
ArcGIS Hub is a community engagement platform that organizes people, data, and tools through information-driven initiatives. Our work is used by over 10,000 organizations around the world to share open data, gather feedback, and support collaboration to improve society.
What We Offer
A Great Team--Our team of software engineers, product engineers, and interaction designers work collaboratively to build innovative geospatial web applications delivered in rapid iteration cycles. We are based near Washington, DC with team members who work remotely from locations across the U.S. Flexibility & Support--We provide a flexible work schedule that allows you to shift hours and time that fits your own needs. Our excellent healthcare, retirement, and profit-sharing support your well-being and long-range planning.
- Build, test, and maintain backend APIs
- Build, test, and maintain asynchronous job systems
- Respond to API/job system performance issues; troubleshoot and resolve problems
- Contribute to software transparency with documentation and diagrams
- Read and respond to pull requests; participate in code reviews
- Experience with Elasticsearch, PostgreSQL
- Experience with Node JS frameworks such as Express and Nest
- Experience Kubernetes, Terraform, AWS
- Experience with Kafka, RabbitMq
- Experience with Prometheus monitoring
- Enjoy reading code
- Bachelor's in computer science or related field, depending on position level