Backend Lead opportunity at Agritech start-up in Indore at PEAT GmbH (Indore, India)
Location: Indore, India
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-06-18 05:00:51
Plantix is the world’s most downloaded app for farmers - combining artificial intelligence and the expertise of leading research institutions around the globe. Millions of customers use the Plantix Crop Doctor to diagnose crop problems, get recommendations about treatments and the best suited products at their local store. For the first time in their farming life, many are now able to obtain an accurate diagnosis and the right treatment. On top of this, we provide detailed advice on how to avoid crop loss and to minimize pesticide and fertilizer use. With Plantix, we are able to make a meaningful impact in farmers’ lives.
Would you love to join our team of over 200 people? We are looking for a Team Lead - Backend for our office in Indore!
At Plantix, we solve interesting and challenging problems. You will lead a team of backend developers for the Plantix Partner, that helps small agricultural shops to order products digitally. As Backend Lead, you will make the product decisions and guide devs convert the business features into REST APIs following the best practices of code architecture and design system. You will participate in design sessions, writing and reviewing design docs, code reviews and mentoring other engineers. Our tech stack currently includes (but not limited to) NodeJS, AWS Lambdas, MySql and DynamoDB and AWS Services. We believe strong engineers are able to choose and learn technologies quickly.
- Experience in leading a team of 3-5 members.
- Advanced analytical thinking, experienced with making product architectural decisions.
- Experienced in planning, estimation, code reviews, and effective client interaction skills.
- Groom team members to develop as leaders while serving as a role model.
- Understand architectural design needed to build from MVP to a mature mobile product.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define, design, and ship new features to create a great experience for our customers.
- Excellent communication skills in written and oral English
- Expertize in design and development of well structured tabels and optimized stored procedures for MySql.
- Expertize in AWS services including:
- API Gateway setup
- AWS Orginizations
- AWS lambdas (Node JS)
- Experience with RDBMS and NoSql databases.
- Experience with Github to manage repos, branches and pipelines using github actions.
- Experience in writing tests using Mocha and chai.
- Experience in designing Rest APIs for multiple clients
- Experience in CI/CD Pipeline and AWS infrastructure setup.
- Experience with third party integrations.
- Nice to have knowledge on Azure DevOps Pipeline and management.
What we offer:
- The opportunity to get hands-on experience building a revolutionary and meaningful product, while having big influence on the direction we take in Engineering and lots of autonomy to do the right thing - and do it well
- Being part of an engineering team where knowledge sharing, mentorship, mastery and professional growth are as important as shipping code
- Working for a growing, VC-backed, mission-driven company that cares about its employees, a great work climate and of course pain reliefs for small farmers
- Modern and well-equipped office in the center of Indore with a creative and inspiring environment
- 5 days a week
- Flexible working hours and remote working
- Company-sponsored health & accidental insurance coverage
- Employee stock-option plan.
- Success & Festive Celebrations and much more..!!If this sounds super interesting, apply here!