Senior Engineer - Typescript (f/m/d) at Forto GmbH (Berlin, Germany)
Add To BookmarksCompany:
Location: Berlin, Germany
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-06-18 05:00:51
Imagine an industry where people collaborate on a truly global scale, where people can be in Vietnam, and help solve a problem in South America. An industry that is vital for the well-being of billions of people, intertwined with companies from all over the world that produce and sell something across borders. Sounds like a complex endeavor? Well, this is where we come in.Our CompanySimplifying global trade (has been our) is Forto's mission from day one. Forto stands for scalable and sustainable logistics technologies that allows users to own their entire supply chain. A one-stop-shop and single face to the customer that would cover the entire process chain from quotation, booking, document management, track and trace all the way to proactive exception handling and supply chain data analytics. A growing team of over 450 technology and logistics experts at eight locations, together with financing totaling over USD 50 million, forms the basis for further growth.Your RoleAs a Senior Backend Engineer, you build Forto's backbone that supports global scalability, reliable operations, and a high degree of automation.
- Be building quoting and routing algorithms to calculate prices for moving goods globally, ingesting live tracking data of ships, trucks, and airplanes to infer meaningful actions on the supply chain
- Automating processes to lift the degree of automation from 5% to 90% - killing faxes, emails, and phone calls from logistics once and for all
- Building scalable and extendable event-driven microservice architectures with advanced patterns like CQRS and event sourcing design patterns and many other interesting use cases. Below, are a few more challenges which you will be exposed to when working with our amazing team:
- Lead engineering-wide initiatives, interacting with different teams and stakeholders
- Write concise Architectural Decision Records (ADRs)
- Mentor engineers of different levels
- Continuously improve existing systems, including refactoring of critical components of our platform
What you bring
- 7+ years of industry experience in Software Engineering
- Experience with large scale architectural patterns, event-driven microservices, well-designed APIs and efficient algorithms
- Working proficiency and communication skills in verbal and written English
- Professional attitude towards software craftsmanship including testing
Why Us - You can look forward to
- Personal & Professional Development: Through strong ownership from the first day you will experience a steep learning curve, grow on a professional level and take the next steps to be an Expert or People Lead.
- Impact: We are leading the digital transformation of a whole industry and share a high awareness of environmental issues on all levels especially supported by our management.
- Team: Join a team of over 30 nationalities and different backgrounds from Tech, Logistics, Business, and more. What really matters to us is a caring and welcoming environment where we embrace uniqueness and celebrate diversity.
- Working culture: Experience a company culture where we work on an eye-to-eye level, decisions are made quickly and knowledge sharing, as well as mentoring, is on our daily agenda.