Software Engineer at IndraSoft, Inc (San Antonio, TX)
Location: San Antonio, TX
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-06-18 05:00:52
Job Title:Software Engineer II
Worksite:San Antonio, TX
Clearance: Obtain a Public Trust / with ability to OBTAIN a TS/SCI
Citizenship: US citizen
IndraSoft, Inc. is seeking a Software Engineer II work on IndraSoft’s program supporting the US Air Force’s Cyberspace Weapons System located in San Antonio, Texas. The incumbent will be a highly motivated individual who works well as part of multi-disciplinary Agile team in support of both operational support, system configuration and software development activities.
The Candidate must have strong analytical, troubleshooting skills. He/She will be responsible for programming and support, assisting in the design and development of software components, units and modules that meet product specifications and development schedules. The selected candidate will help analyze software requirements and operational feasibility by evaluating analysis, problem definition requirements, solution development and proposed solutions determined by feasibility of design within time and cost constraints, test and debug assigned components and units and assist with technical writing documents.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Physics, Mathematics or Electronics. Master’s Degree with 3-5 years of experience or PHD with 0-2 years’ experience.
- 2+ years of experience with managing microservices (Docker, Kubernetes). Basic familiarity with MetaLB and with calico/flannel networking, as well as writing Helm Charts for application deployments.
- Experienced with Red Hat Enterprise Linux providing administration, management, and provisioning solutions.
- Solid understanding of code and script using a major scripting language (e.g.,Python,Ansible, Bash).
- Familiar with ELK, Mongodb, or other big data and NoSQL technologies preferred.
- Strong understanding of network architecture, it is underlying physical hardware as well as application development methodologies.
- Ability to identify and determine software, services, and processes necessary to exact into sustainable solutions.
- Experience with the System Development Lifecycle (SDLC) as well as Continuous Interrogation/Continuous Development (CI/CD) practices and principals for software development.
- Strong logical/critical thinking abilities, especially analyzing existing application architectures and developing a good understanding of data models.
- Proven skills for writing code in the above languages, testing software designs, integrating code in current architecture, monitoring system performance and recommending system re-designs base on results.
- Experienced in applying DoD procedures and guidance to control DoD networks, system architecture, software development and network security.
- Obtain a Public Trust with ability to OBTAIN a TS/SCI
- DoD 8570 IAT level II certification (CCNA Security, or CySA+ or, GICSP, or Security+ CE or SSCP) required within 6 months of start.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Analyze operational requirements, business needs, and operational data to support the development of applications and high-performance data processing systems.
- Research, design and develop automation method to support the platform provisioning, maintenance and operations of a large-scale products and services.
- Designs, develops, and modifies software systems, using scientific analysis and mathematical models to predict and measure outcomes and consequences of design.
- Perform process and data modeling in support of planning and analysis efforts using both manual and automated tools.
- Perform application integration and troubleshooting for a complex application environment, including management of dependencies on services, platforms, and other applications on premise for cloud ready services.
- Design and build tools and frameworks that support deploying and managing platforms.
- Design, code, debug, test software and deliver cloud computing solutions, hosted services, and underlying software infrastructure.
- Designs, develops, documents, tests and debugs applications software and systems that contain logical and mathematical solutions.
- Conducts multidisciplinary research and collaborates with equipment designers and/or hardware engineers in the planning, design, development, and utilization of electronic data processing systems for product and commercial software.
- Determines computer user needs; analyzes system capabilities to resolve problems on program intent, output requirements, input data acquisition, programming techniques and controls; prepares operating instructions; designs and develops compilers and assemblers, utility programs, and operating systems.
- Ensures software standards are met. Analyzes user needs and software requirements to determine feasibility of design within time and cost constraints.
- Confers with systems analysts, engineers, programmers, and others to design system and to obtain information on project limitations and capabilities, performance requirements and interfaces.
- Coordinate’s software system installations and monitors equipment functioning to ensure specifications are met.