Full Stack Software Engineer at Old Mission Capital, LLC (Chicago, IL)
Location: Chicago, IL
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-06-18 05:00:53
As a senior full stack software engineer at Old Mission you will help solve large scale, complex technical challenges and will build cutting edge, performant, and scalable frontend systems to help make a best-in-class trading experience for our end users. You'll work with traders, quantitative researchers, and other developers to build new systems and help improve existing ones, as well as work with our risk and security teams to ensure what you build is safe and trustworthy - all while not compromising on user experience. What you'll be doing:
- Articulate and contributing towards a long term technical direction for maintaining and scaling our frontend systems.
- Build out performant & intuitive trading interfaces using modern web tools like Typescript, React, Redux, Jest, and Webpack.
- Mentor & train other developers on coding standards and design philosophy.
- Design internal tools to increase efficiency of data mining, risk management, and more.
What we look for in you:
- A desire to work closely with users, gather feedback, and understand their problems.
- Experience shipping products from start to finish.
- Great communication skills along with a team player mentality.
- You keep up with modern front end best practices including trends in performance, usability, and security.
- You write high quality, well tested code.
Nice to haves:
- Experience with automated testing and building
- Experience with Websockets & Protocol Buffers
- Experience with Linux, Postgres
- Experience building multi-window frontend applications, web workers, OpenGL, Canvas API.