Software Engineer / Developer (Full-Stack) at ZEISS Group (Clovelly Park, Australia)
Location: Clovelly Park, Australia
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-06-18 05:00:54
We are looking for a passionate Software Engineer to join our Global Customer Enablement team based in Tonsley, SA. Our team is in the process of consolidating and modernising several of our internal and customer facing web apps and APIs. This is a large and complex task that requires an additional skilled Developer ideally with strong database skills.
The initial responsibilities will involve automating some of our manual business processes. These processes currently involve the use of complex SQL queries and stored procedures which are executed manually. This will involve integrating these processes into our existing web applications so that users may perform these tasks in a simplified fashion. You will also be involved in the rearchitecting and modernisation process of our existing systems.
We are also seeking to extend our reporting and data analysis capabilities to deliver and maintain a Business Intelligence solution for the Customer Enablement business. Developers with experience in this area are desirable.
You will need to have strong written and verbal communication skills (English). As we are a global business, availability for out of hours support and meetings, along with the ability to travel interstate and overseas (once COVID restrictions ease) is a requirement of this role.
- Design and build applications targeting new business opportunities on various platforms
- Implementation of interfaces between new and existing systems
- Upgrading of existing web apps and APIs
- Participate in the complete software development life cycle
- MVC and API development
- Clean architecture design pattern
- Microservice architecture design
- Database design and development using migrations
- Security principals for web development and data at rest and in transit
- Privacy principals for user data
- Unit and integration testing
Our tech stack
- C# .Net Core/Framework our main web, API and background services
- SQL Server and Entity Framework for database migrations and querying
- ASP.Net Views, Razor Pages, client-side Vue.js, React, Bootstrap, Chart.js
- GitLab for version control, CI/CD and code packages
- MSBuild/WebDeploy for app deployment and IIS for hosting
- We are transitioning our legacy applications away from:
- Jenkins, SVN, JQuery, .Net Framework, IHttpHandler, ServiceBase
- SignalR development
- GraphQL or gRPC development
- Containerised development and deployment (E.g Docker and Kubernetes)
- Cloud-based solutions (E.g Azure)
- Distributed caching (E.g Redis)
- Message/queuing development (E.g RabbitMQ)
- PowerShell scripting
- .Net desktop development
- Stored procedure development (E.g TSQL)
- ETL development (E.g SSIS)
- Data warehouse and business intelligence development (E.g SSRS, Power BI)
- Mobile app development (E.g Xamarin)
If you meet the above criteria, are an enthusiastic learner and want to immerse yourself in a fast paced and dynamic organization, please apply now!