Principal Software Engineer at Paro (Dallas, TX) (allows remote)
Location: Dallas, TX
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-06-18 05:00:55
Principal Software Engineer, E-Commerce
Working at Paro
Join us as we shape the future of finance work. We're freeing professionals from the confines of traditional employment, in turn democratizing access to the business solutions that companies need. A mass migration to a workforce without boundaries is already underway, with many leading analysts predicting that 50% of the workforce will be freelancing by 2025. Backed by Revolution Ventures, Sierra Ventures, FJ Labs, and other leading investors and angels, we are on the path to disrupting the $500+bn antiquated finance and accounting industry by providing flexible finance and accounting solutions to businesses via our network of highly vetted freelance experts.
We believe our teams deserve to be surrounded with others who can be their authentic selves at work while driving forward the future of work with Paro. We value taking smart risks and having each others' backs. We welcome challenges, and we are rigorous in ensuring all voices are heard. We are open to understanding each other's experiences and communicating effectively together. We work hard, but we also want every employee to enjoy the journey. We work collaboratively, do the right thing, never settle and put our best work into everything we do.
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to building a company that embraces and celebrates diversity and inclusion. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Paro is an AI enabled technology company. The exponential revenue growth that Paro has experienced in the last few quarters has been enabled by AI. Paro is hiring a Principal Software Engineer to join our dedicated technology team. The Principal Software Engineer will work directly with our senior engineering leaders while owning the development roadmap for our e-commerce and match making product. You will also be responsible for working on outlining & defining deliverables from an engineering standpoint.The ideal candidate will enjoy solving complex puzzles and will have prior experience in leading engineering teams within start-ups or similar functioning firms. This person will be an expert in collaborating across functional teams, and has experience working with a modern tech stack that includes Typescript, NextJS, React, and GraphQL.
- Working alongside the engineering team on code reviews, interactive brainstorming, and architectural planning while ensuring proper coding techniques are being followed
- Designing & building out a roadmap that will allow our experts to work efficiently within the e-commerce and match making platform
- Scope and estimate new work requests, from service integrations to full scale web implementations
- Help define the technical vision and direction of our engineering practices from start to finish
- Figuring out what AWS capabilities we should (and shouldn't) use as we grow
- Heading off issues before they occur through proactive instrumentation & system metrics
- Addressing system problems in real-time and then build out the tech so they don't happen again in the future
- Mentoring other team members and engineers at Paro, helping to define their career growth and trajectory
- 5+ years of hands-on development experience
- 2+ years of relevant experience leading engineering efforts for small to midsize applications
- BS degree in computer science, computer engineering, or relevant degree preferred
- AWS certifications are a plus.
- Prior experience in fast-paced start-ups or similar functioning firms
- Self-starter with the ability to clarify unclear requirements by asking the right questions
- Intellectually curious, striving to understand how the world works
Benefits at Paro
- Competitive salary + stock options
- Parental Leave
- Comprehensive benefits package offering including: Medical (BCBS), dental, vision insurance, 401(k), etc.
- Flexibility to work from the office or remotely (as needed)
- Unlimited PTO - we trust you
- Company Holidays-in recognition of 10+ federal holidays each year
- Unique Paro Holidays to rest & recharge for one day each month when there isn't a company holiday (minimum time off)
- Great River North office location, steps away from public transportation
- Pet friendly office
- Casual office environment
Paro provides flexible finance and accounting solutions to businesses via its network of highly vetted freelance experts. Through our proprietary AI-powered platform, Paro precisely matches clients with the best-fit experts to solve problems and drive growth. Our carefully curated expert community provides a range of financial services to clients, from basic bookkeeping and accounting to highly specialized corporate development and strategic advisory. By freeing these professionals from the constraints of traditional employment, Paro empowers them to pursue meaningful work on their own terms while helping clients achieve their business goals