Software Engineer - Data Visualization at McDonald's Corporation (Chicago, IL)
Location: Chicago, IL
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-06-18 05:00:58
McDonald's Data Science Hub is looking for a Software Engineer with expertise in data visualization. The Hub was created as a global center of excellence, whose goal is to power and scale the use data and data science across the system to drive meaningful business outcomes.
The Software Engineer will be responsible for building data visualization and tooling framework, working within the Hub and cross functionally with both internal and external customers, partners and leadership. The visualization aims to enable efficient analysis and understanding of performance of ML products and data operating at petabyte scale aggregated from large, diverse sets of stores, regions and countries worldwide.
The ideal candidate will have previous experience working on large-scale data visualization and tooling products and a passion for building agile, high-performing teams.
- Help define vision and drive execution of data visualization and tooling roadmap in support of overall product/engineering roadmap
- Work cross-functionally with ML researchers, engineers, data scientists and analysts to innovate on and optimize state-of-the-art visualization of large-scale ML data, metrics and analytics
- Build data visualization and tooling-as-a-service for internal and external data consumers
- Integrate with diverse sources of data and visualization with BI tools such as Tableau/Looker and Notebook tools such as Jupyter and Zeppelin
- Train and support a diverse and large set of data users from internal to external
- Bachelors in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Strong experience in building state-of-the-art data visualization and tooling for large scale, preferably ML, data products
- Proven understanding SQL, query and data systems
- Proven ability to execute resourceful Agile development with sometimes ambiguous, conflicting requirements to be delivered in a pragmatic timeline.