Senior Software Engineer at RealGeeks, LLC (Dallas, TX)
Location: Dallas, TX
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-06-18 05:00:59
Who We AreAt Real Geeks, we develop solutions to help real estate agents grow their businesses. Founded 10 years ago, we are a profitable, fast growing company of ~60 people who are passionate about helping each other, and our customers, succeed.
Our team has a positive and supportive culture -- when you need help, your teammates have your back. We value an atmosphere of leading and teaching and are always pushing each other to grow personally and professionally.
Who You AreWe’re looking for an experienced software engineer who has a solid understanding of web technologies to join our dev team of 12. You will share ownership of existing systems while also designing and implementing major new services.
You’ll have senior-level experience (5 or more years) building modern backend systems. You’ll also have experience participating in design and code reviews, as well as leading the improvement of existing codebases.
Our team has varied backgrounds and experience levels. We’re looking for someone who is passionately curious and empathetic to other human beings. Someone who is excited by their craft and who craves to share their skills and expertise with their teammates.
Dev team members are trusted with a high degree of autonomy. You will be expected to work with the dev, product, and support teams to establish the scope of projects and prioritize work.
Bonus points if you have…
- Contributed to open source projects
- Experience with real estate data, e.g. IDX feeds, etc.
- Migrated significant projects from Python 2 to 3
Work with us on projects like…
- Syncing millions of real estate property records from over 300 sources
- Extending and enhancing the functionality of client sites
- Maintaining an event-driven integration service and working with 3rd parties to develop new integrations
- Upgrading and moving systems to Kubernetes
What We Provide
- Positive and exciting work environment
- Competitive salary
- Employee medical, dental, vision, prescription drug benefits
- 18 days paid time off, plus holidays
- 401K with matching
- Life insurance
- Employee stock purchase plan