Senior Front End Engineer at eBay Classifieds Group (Amsterdam, Netherlands)
Location: Amsterdam, Netherlands
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-06-18 05:01:01
What you can expect from us:
- A collaborative, informal, international and playful work environment with multi-disciplinary agile/lean teams
- Managers and teammates who are invested in your growth as a technologist and as a person
- Work with technologies such as Scala, Java, swift, Node.js, Elasticsearch, Cassandra, Cockroachdb and more in a fast-evolving Microservices architecture
- Possibility to work on all stages of the software development lifecycle: from design to implementation to release and monitoring
- Continuous Deployment through multiple environments to get rapid feedback about your work
- Work on one of the most beloved brands in the Netherlands
About the teams:
We aim to continuously improve our teams and product with a data-driven approach to measure the impact we are making. We have teams focusing on different domains of our platform, every one of them with their own dynamics and challenges.
What we expect from you:
The person we are looking for has extensive experience in software development in online or related areas, with at least 6+ years of full-time employment with knowledge of what it means to work with large and/or distributed systems.
Furthermore, we need someone who lives and breathes Agile development, can focus on delivering, and wants to take a leading role in improving how we work.
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Strong collaboration skills and ability to influence a cross-functional team to deliver results
- Find and help fix stability, scalability, performance issues, cross-browser compatibility, Web standards, and interoperability
- Own major projects and features from design phase to coding, testing, delivery
- Have a solid grasp and experience with MVC and OO design
- Competent using source control systems (Git)
- Self-motivated and have the ability to get things done
- Ability to come up with innovative solutions to problems, while also thoroughly considering edge cases and avoiding pitfalls
Your responsibilities will include:
- Be a key team member in development and design of new projects
- Coaching of junior and medior developers (guide them through architecture and procedures, be a mentor helping with skills development)
- Think with your colleagues about architecture decisions and help work them out
- Help to continuously improve development work in all areas (coding, processes, tools, testing, etc.)
- Be a technical sparring partner for the organisation to help the business create efficient and effective requirements
- Work with international counterparts across the worldwide eBay Classifieds Group
From the moment that you join our team we aspire to make your employment experience an outstanding and engaging one. If you are enthusiastic and thrive in a collaborative and friendly environment, just apply!
Benefits are an essential part of your total compensation for the work you do every day. Whether you’re single, in a growing family, or nearing retirement, eBay offers a variety of comprehensive and competitive benefit programs to meet your needs.
We love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel Marktplaats is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work. To learn about our Diversity & Inclusion click here: https://www.ebayinc.com/company/diversity-inclusion/
People are the heart of the eBay Classifieds business, and their health and well-being are our first priority.
We continue to monitor local government guidance and partner closely with medical advisors to determine the safest and best next steps for everyone. As a result, most teams are working remotely, with a few teams able to collaborate in person with enhanced safety procedures. We will discuss the particular case for your region during the interview process. As a general rule, interviews will be completed remotely over video calls.