TypeScript Developer - Gaming Platform at Gamesys Group (London, UK)
Location: London, UK
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-06-18 05:01:01
Gamesys Group is one of the world’s leading gaming operators, with millions of players and 1300+ employees. We believe passionately in what we do. Quite simply, we craft entertainment with care, building trusted brands and creating great experiences that always put the player first. Our award-winning brands – including Virgin, Jackpotjoy, Monopoly, Heart and Vera&John – are some of the best known in the industry. Join us and you’ll be joining a big, international group with some great brands and an exciting future. You’ll feel part of one global family, working with smart people, and delivering a great experience for our players. There’s one thing we expect from you, over and above everything else. Be yourself. One of the values in our DNA is ‘stay wonderfully weird’ – and that applies to all of us.The Role
As a TypeScript Games Developer, you will be working on our Bingo products range. You will be joining a collaborative Agile team of Developers and QAs supported by Architects.
You will be working on delivering bingo games and new game features from the conceptual stages all the way to release. This entails working on various game components and collaborating with other departments across the business.
We value quality and collaboration. We use test-driven development, pair program where appropriate, code review (with GitHub) and favour a whiteboard to help solve our problems.
We’re always open to new ideas and we love to learn new things. You will be encouraged to learn new skills both within and outside of your role.
The role will provide you with an opportunity to impress with your problem-solving skills, technical ability, and attention to detail. Further to this, you will have the opportunity to join our various tech communities, share ideas, challenge yourself and improve your skillset.Required Experience
- Analytical approach to solving problems.
- Good communication skills and team player attitude.
- Experience or knowledge of working in an Agile environment (e.g. Scrum or Kanban).
- Excellent attention to details.
- Working knowledge of GIT.
- Being able to work collaboratively within a cross-functional team.
- Collaborate closely with designers and non-technical stakeholders.
- Passionate and enthusiastic about making games.
Desirable Skills - any of these are a plus!
- Solid OOP principles.
- Industry experience in developing games.
- Knowledge of build/integration processes.
- Experience working with Continuous Delivery/DevOps approaches and best practices.
- Solid understanding of browser rendering, both Canvas and HTML, and related technologies like pixi.js, WebGL.
- Active and contribute to the tech community.
- Gambling industry experience.