Principal Software Engineer (Modern C++) at Waters Corporation Ltd. (Wilmslow, UK)
Location: Wilmslow, UK
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-06-18 05:01:03
Waters Corporation is currently seeking a Principal Software Engineer to join our organization. Working in the Instrument Control team on new product development, this area of our business is highly collaborative, operating in an interdisciplinary environment which integrates software, electrical and systems engineering.
As a Principal Software Engineer, you have a key role in creating revolutionary, impactful software and services that our customers love.
Our software engineers are a key component in our ability to provide instruments and software that enable our customers to undertake drug testing, neonatal screening, conducting food safety tests and many more applications. Our instruments have been critical in helping our customers develop covid tests and vaccines.
What can we offer you?
In addition to salary, we work flexibly and provide 25 days holidays, excellent family friendly benefits such as attractive employer pension contribution, life assurance, income protection and private medical. With Waters, there are plenty of opportunities for you to grow, develop and contribute.
Remote working options are available.
As a Principal Software Engineer, you will:
- Design, develop and maintain all aspects of software developed by the department.
- Work in close partnership with software test engineers to improve product quality.
- Provide code, automated tests and supporting documentation in accordance with the software development processes.
- Provide technical guidance to team members.
- Provide software and technical support to internal and external users.
- Seek opportunities for improved productivity, efficiency and quality.
- Build strong working relationships with other departments.
What will make you successful:
- Degree (or equivalent) in a science, engineering or computing related subject.
- Proven commercial development experience in C++. Any experience with C#, VxWorks or instrument control software would be an advantage.
- Ability to provide innovative solutions to complex problems.
- Ability to provide technical guidance to team members.
- Excellent communication and decision making skills.
- Passionate about software development, which you can clearly convey by your actions and experiences.