Senior Software Engineer (Back End preference) at Higher Logic (Arlington, VA)
Location: Arlington, VA
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-06-18 05:01:09
Higher Logic is looking for an experienced Sr. Software Engineer to work with our existing .Net applications to assist in the improvement and enhancement of existing web applications. As a valued member of the team, you will actively participate in delivering value to our customers in simple, scalable ways while working with a collaborative Scrum team. Our team is looking for a well-rounded engineer that is curious, ready, and willing to dive into any area of the technology stack and excited to turn challenges into opportunities.
- Develop integration solutions to transfer and transform massive data volumes from third-party contact management systems to the Higher Logic platform.
- Build APIs to authenticate/register/manage users, groups, and events from third-party systems.
- Develop software solutions by studying information needs, conferring with stakeholders, studying systems flow, data usage, and work processes, investigating problem areas.
- Solve complex problems around synchronization of data between account management systems, our community platform, and Identity providers.
- Improve operations by conducting systems analysis and recommending changes in policies and procedures.
- Participate in agile team meetings. Working to continually improve our work, processes, and team culture.
- Supports and develops software engineers by providing advice, coaching, and educational opportunities.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
- 8+ years working with .NET. or similar object-oriented languages.
- Proficient in C# .Net or .Net Core.
- Mid-Level knowledge of DB SQL Skills in a Modern Relational DB (MySQL, PostgreSQL, SQL Server).
- Working knowledge of Scrum and agile principles.
- Experience working on initiatives in a highly collaborative, multi-discipline team environment.
- Professional awareness of AWS infrastructure: Amazon EC2, AWS Lambda, DynamoDB, ECS, S3, Security groups, Cloudwatch.
- Direct experience with developing web services messaging and business logic layer (SOAP, RESTful, GraphQL is a bonus) and familiarity transforming and building XML, WSDLs, and JSON.
- Experience with the delivery and support of single sign-on, SAML, OAuth, and OpenID Connect.
- Experience with Rest Web services, SSO/Federation architectures, and other authentication/authorization protocols.
- Experience with continuous integration, unit testing, static analysis, and automated integration tests. Continuous delivery experience is a bonus.
- Knowledge of IAM concepts such as identity management, provisioning, authentication, authorization, certification/governance.
- Proficient with Git and Git workflows.
What you'll earn:
- Competitive compensation.
- Comprehensive health benefits package.
- 401(k) plan with employer match.
- Healthcare and dependent-care flexible spending account.
- Company short-term and long-term disability insurance.
- Company culture that recognizes its employees.
- Room for growth and development and management that cares about your professional growth and will help you achieve your goals.
- Significant advancement opportunities for outstanding performers.