AWS DevOps Engineer - Terraform/Jenkins/AWS/IaC/Python at EDF (London, UK)
Location: London, UK
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-06-18 05:01:13
#WeAreEDF and are leading the transition to a cleaner, low emission electric future, tackling climate change and helping Britain achieve net zero.
As a DevOps Engineer you will be tasked with designing, implementing and managing cloud infrastructure to ingest, process and democratize data that serve the needs of other users within EDF. You will work alongside Data Engineers, Data Scientists, BigData Application Developers and cross-functional Enterprise IT and Security teams. Furthermore you will also define, build, test and maintain a bootstrapped AWS hosted governed multi-account Enterprise data engineering and data science platform containing numerous CI/CD pipelines, logging and monitoring framework, multi-level testing, etc, while ensuring that the deliverables are of consistently high quality and provide maximum value for business stakeholders.
Day to Day:
- Design, develop, maintain and mature an extensively governed multi-account enterprise AWS infrastructure in close co-ordination with the existing team comprising highly experienced engineers from BlueLab, external consultants, Enterprise IT and Security.
- Liaise with Business stakeholders to ensure that the solutions and deliverables align to business needs.
- Create, develop and maintain complex infrastructure, data and application CI/CD pipelines aimed at productionizing data engineering and data science workflows and use cases.
- Define, Design and Maintain the security standards in close coordination with Enterprise Security teams.
- Perform multi-level testing, robust source-code maintenance and documentation.
- Train and mentor junior team members and actively participate in up-skilling internal resources.
- Define, Design and Maintain logging, monitoring and alerting engines to analyse security, application status, data access, etc.
- Practice Agile development practices to lead the teams and projects to delivery.
What does being a great AWS DevOps Engineer at EDF mean?
- Communicative: Excellent communication and presenting skills as well as an inquisitive mind-set.
- Innovative: Committed to challenging the way things are done to provide continuous improvement and development of skills and knowledge.
- Ownership: Proactive and able to take initiative with minimal direction or supervision.
- Problem Solving: Always looking to solve the problem in the best possible way.
- Stakeholder Management: Ability to communicate with stakeholders of all levels.
- Leadership: Mentoring and supporting colleagues.
- Commercial Awareness: Comfortable working with ambiguity and with willingness to test and experiment.
- Proactive: A “can-do” approach, ability and willingness to quickly grasp and tackle new projects.
The customers business unit operate within a fast paced, continuously evolving environment therefore you will be an adaptable and focused individual. Due to the nature of the role you will have strong leadership skills and be a good communicator with an extensive technical background.
You will need to have:
- Extensive hands-on expertise in developing and maintaining IaC in a cloud estate built with AWS Services, Terraform, Git, Jenkins and other state-of-the-art cloud development tools.
- Expertise in building challenging infrastructure, data and application CI/CD pipelines for automating complex data engineering and data science applications in a BigData insights and analytics environment.
- Several years of industry experience in building dynamic cloud solutions.
- Excellent communication skills, comfortable presenting to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Self-starter, confident taking initiatives and deciding the best course of action.
It would be great if you had:
- Relevant AWS and/other certifications.
- Experience in Python and Spark.
- Sound understanding of BigData engineering concepts.
- Experience operating in highly regulated industry with high security standards.
- Experience of leading small to medium sized teams in a fast-paced agile establishment.
- Clear understanding of Agile Scrum.
- Experience working with a variety of stakeholders.
Competitive Salary & Benefits
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, including a pension scheme, a wide range of flexible benefits to suit your lifestyle, and the opportunity to earn a bonus.
Please let us know if you require flexible working arrangements by highlighting this on your application. We’re happy to talk flex in line with the requirements of this opportunity.
At EDF, everyone’s welcome. It’s a powerful statement of our intent to make sure we’re about the people who work with us – a rich and unique mix of backgrounds and experiences that’s vital to shaping a strong and fresh-thinking organisation like ours. Whoever you are and wherever you come from, we’ll embrace the difference you bring and give you opportunities to thrive and succeed.Join us. Together, we’ll help Britain achieve net zero.