Staff Data Scientist at Baker Hughes (Bengaluru, India)
Location: Bengaluru, India
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-06-18 05:01:13
Staff Data Scientist
Do you enjoy being part of a successful team?
Do you enjoy learning in a technical environment?
Join our Digital Solutions team
We are solving one of the most difficult problems in oil and gas industry using machine learning and smart analytics.
Partner with the best
As a Data Scientist, you would be working with subject matter experts in energy production. You will help in building models on reliability, predictive analysis, production optimizations and other interesting industry problems.
As a Staff Data Scientist, you will be responsible for:
- Contributing in development and deployment of applied, predictive and prescriptive analytics. Develop self-learning systems that can predict failures and autocorrect based on data
- Gathering & analysing data, devising data science solutions for high-performance models in scalable code. Propose innovative algorithms and pursue patents where appropriate.
- Working with engineering teams to incorporate solutions and create intuitive UX stories. Partner with data engineers on data quality assessment, cleansing and analytics.
- Researching and evaluating emerging technology and market trends to assist in project development and operational support for multiple teams or complex scenarios.
- Contributing to the development of software and data delivery platforms that are service-oriented with reusable components across multiple teams.
- Creating reports and other artifacts to document your work and outcomes. Communicating methods, findings, and hypotheses with stakeholders.
Fuel your passion
To be successful in this role you will:
- Have a MS Degree in Computer Science or in STEM, Majors. 6+ years as data scientist and technical hands-on coding experience.
- Have experience in Machine Learning/AI techniques including Deep learning (RNN, CNN, GAN, etc), Support Vector Machines; Regularization Techniques; Boosting, Random Forests, Ensemble Methods, image/video/audio processing, Bayesian and time series modelling.
- Have experience in Parallel programming frameworks for GPUs, TPUs and developed containerized solutions (Docker/Mesos etc).
- Have good implementation experience with R, Python, Perl, Ruby, Scala, Apache Spark, Storm, SAS and ability to work with a variety of Deep learning frameworks including TensorFlow, Keras, Caffe, CNTK, etc
- Have hands-on skills in sourcing, manipulating and analysing large volumes of data including SQL and NoSQL databases
- Have proven experience in using well-established supervised and unsupervised machine learning methods for large industry-strength data analysis problems.
- Reviews, analyses and develops architectural requirements at domain level, aligning architectural requirements with software development strategy. Leads and facilitates the domain's architecture governance process based on EA's governance structure.
Work in a way that works for you
We recognize that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone too. In this role, we can offer the following flexible working patterns:
- Working flexible hours - flexing the times when you work in the day to help you fit everything in and work when you are the most productive
Working with us
Our people are at the heart of what we do at Baker Hughes. We know we are better when all of our people are developed, engaged and able to bring their whole authentic selves to work. We invest in the health and well-being of our workforce, train and reward talent and develop leaders at all levels to bring out the best in each other.
Working for you
Our inventions have revolutionized energy for over a century. But to keep going forward tomorrow, we know we have to push the boundaries today. We prioritize rewarding those who embrace change with a package that reflects how much we value their input. Join us, and you can expect: Contemporary work-life balance policies and wellbeing activities Comprehensive private medical care options Safety net of life insurance and disability programs Tailored financial programs Additional elected or voluntary benefits
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we're committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we're always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient.
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company with a global reach and exciting services and clients? Come join us and grow with a team of people who will energize and inspire you!