Software Architect at Derivco. (Umhlanga, South Africa)
Location: Umhlanga, South Africa
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-06-18 05:01:13
Are you an experienced or aspiring Software Architect with a passion for realizing ideas and business demands into innovative architectural solutions?
Who are we?
- Our culture is DevOps based with current tooling such as Azure DevOps, GIT, Visual Studio, VS Code, Selenium, Sauce Labs, and Octopus Deploy, to name a few.
- Our technology stack is HTML5, Angular, .NET Core, C#, SQL Server, Azure, Kafka, Couchbase, Kubernetes, ... in fact, it touches so many technologies that we even publish our own quarterly Technology Radar!
- Our systems are Enterprise scale processing thousands of transactions per second, geographically distributed and running 24/7.
What do we do?
A day in the life of a Derivco Software Architect typically includes the following:
- Conceiving and communicating designs for large scale and/or business-critical systems.
- Providing expert guidance and consultancy to teams facing tough technical challenges.
- Identifying and driving initiatives to improve our software at a system-wide level.
- Researching and realizing innovative new technologies or ideas.
- Mentoring senior developers.
What do you need?
- Ability to wrestle complexity into structure
- A great verbal and written communicator of technical topics to a wide audience of roles
- Solid technical foundation across a wide range of topics
Specific skills and experience:
- At least 8 years technical expertise in one or more of the following technologies: C#, , .NET, SQL Server, REST Apis, Kafka, HTML5.
- At least 5 years of expertise architecting systems of substantial complexity (tens of thousands of online users, thousands of transactions per minute, 24/7 availability)
- Practical and theoretical knowledge of a range of technical disciplines and techniques (client, server, database, message brokers, DevOps, high availability, scalability) … and how to harness this knowledge into well-architected, scalable software solutions which satisfy business strategy
- Understanding of different software development methodologies
- Understanding of different architectural patterns and application design patterns
- Undergraduate diploma/degree (preferred)
- TOGAF certified (preferred)
Connect with us today to explore the opportunity to join this team of industry leaders!