Staff Cyber Security Engineer at Baker Hughes (Houston, TX)
Location: Houston, TX
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-06-18 05:01:14
Staff Cyber Security Engineer
Would you like to ensure the security of our global organisation?
Do you enjoy being part of a successful team?
Join our Digital Technology Team!
We operate at the heart of the digital transformation of our business. Our team is responsible for cybersecurity architecture and data protection for our global organization. From Digital Engineering to enabling employee success, the Digital Technology team provides premium products and services to our customers and employees.
Partner with the best
In this role, you'll be responsible for supporting key security technology used within the Cyber Fusion Center. This includes EDR, SIEM, SOAR, DLP and TIP. You will manage architecture, design, implementation, and ongoing operations in a DevOps model. You will focus on automation, integration, service resiliency and business partnership.
As a Staff Cyber Security Engineer, you will be responsible for:
- Serving as technical lead to support and onboard new security technologies and expand capabilities of existing systems
- Defining, designing, and building enterprise cybersecurity solutions to protect against advanced cybersecurity threats across our diverse environment
- Developing use cases, threat detection logic and rules, and alerting in SIEM for response by Incident Detection & Response analysts
- Working with Incident Detection & Response to identify and recommend new internal and external data sources to develop additional threat detection logic
- Operationalizing Indicators of Compromise from intelligence feeds by developing, testing, deploying, monitoring and alerting rules into SIEM
- Providing 24/7 support for critical security tools used by the Cyber Fusion Team to complete their mission
Fuel your passion
To be successful in this role you will:
- Have at least 5 years experience in assessing, architecting, designing, and implementing cyber security capabilities, including incident response, threat intelligence, security monitoring, and vulnerability management
- Have experience with core enterprise infrastructure and security-supported technologies including data protection elements such as DLP, tokenization, encryption, endpoint security, and perimeter protection such as firewalls or WAF, SIEMs, IPS/IDS, and managed security services
- Have Scripting experience with Bash, PowerShell, or Python and Security engineering experience with Windows, Linux, and Mac
- Have experience developing detection logic for enterprise SIEM systems and with exploitation techniques and use case development
- Have experience developing threat indicators for developing SIEM alarms and correlated alerts and IOC datasets(e.g., YARA, OpenIOC)
- Have experience with cybersecurity tools and software, E.g. Splunk, McAfee, CrowdStrike, Windows Defender, SELinux, Syslog, Palo Alto, and Cisco
- Be familiar with the MITRE ATT&CK Framework and/or Cyber Kill Chain
Work in a way that works for you
We recognize that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone too. In this role, we can offer the following flexible working patterns:
- Occasionally working remotely from home
Working with us
Our people are at the heart of what we do at Baker Hughes. We know we are better when all of our people are developed, engaged and able to bring their whole authentic selves to work. We invest in the health and well-being of our workforce, train and reward talent and develop leaders at all levels to bring out the best in each other.
Working for you
Our inventions have revolutionized energy for over a century. But to keep going forward tomorrow, we know we have to push the boundaries today. We prioritize rewarding those who embrace change with a package that reflects how much we value their input. Join us, and you can expect:
- Contemporary work-life balance policies and wellbeing activities
- Comprehensive private medical care options
- Safety net of life insurance and disability programs
- Tailored financial programs
- Additional elected or voluntary benefits
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we're committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we're always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient.
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company with a global reach and exciting services and clients? Come join us and grow with a team of people who will energize and inspire you!