Sr. Software Engineering Manager at AutoTrader (Toronto, ON, Canada)
Location: Toronto, ON, Canada
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-06-18 05:01:14
Senior Software Engineering Manager
Trader Corporation is the team behind Canada’s leading automotive marketplace, autoTRADER.ca, as well as world class digital advertising business. We are a technology driven company that creates compelling solutions for our users and dealer customers. We are expanding our team and need a highly technical and experienced Software Engineering Manager for marketing products in our distributed engineering office.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Help the team create world class digital solutions in our agile environment by leading a team of engineers and collaborating with experienced digital advertising product leaders.
- Hands on mentoring and coaching of team members. Help them achieve their best result by removing impediments and supporting their technical and professional growth.
- Help guide new product ideas and the ability to quickly turn-around on important opportunities by developing technical solution candidates, providing feasibility assessments, and executing software delivery with a focus on quality and performance.
- Interface with external marketing agencies, OEM vehicle manufacturers, and other 3rd party service organizations.
- Assist the engineering team in managing the technical aspects of our content management platform.
- Articulate and translate product vision into technology features and implementation tactics. Communicate the technology strategy effectively to senior stakeholders and team members. Contribute to the creation of clear product vision and roadmap with the Director and Senior Product Manager.
- Stay embedded with the engineering team to clarify business requirements, remove roadblocks, and analyze feasibility.
- Mange the administrative and human resources functions of the team including recruitment, performance management and payroll.
- Anticipate and manage technology evolution as it relates to business solutions.
- Foster team adoption of software engineering best practices.
- Set the quality standards for software delivery.
- Strong technical skills with consumer-facing web solutions across devices
- Microsoft .Net platform development in C#, ASP.Net, MVC, Web API, etc. using Visual Studio and related tooling
- Agile methodologies (Scrum and/or Kanban), and related tools
- Bitbucket for source control. Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment experience.
- Experience managing a team of direct engineering reports. A hands-on leader, mentor, and coach to development team members
- Excellent written & spoken English communication & presentation skills
- University Degree (or equivalent) in Computer Science or related subject.
- 5-7 year’s management experience in online software industry; strong knowledge of website design, functionality usability, and web-based application architectures.
- Experience in the digital marketing industry on either the agency or client-side. Knowledge of advertising standards, technical solutions, and ad-serving with platforms like Google Advertising API, Facebook Business APIs, and Youtube’s Advertising platform
- Hands on experience in the development atop content management systems like Umbraco and/or WordPress
- Strong experiences with Microsoft platform web development.
- Experience with cloud-based solutions, ideally with Microsoft Azure