Director of Software Development at Translational Software (Mercer Island, WA)
Location: Mercer Island, WA
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-06-18 05:01:14
Director of Software Development
Translational Software is on a mission to democratize precision medicine. To fulfill this mission, we transform the results of genetic tests into information that healthcare providers can use to prescribe medications more effectively and improve patients' lives.
We are seeking a leader for the technology team that develops the knowledgebase and applications that make genetics accessible and understandable to clinicians. The right person will be able to grasp complex scientific concepts and make them useful in the clinical environment. This leader will be responsible for innovating faster delivery options, deeper integration with clinical systems, and greater access to patients.
The ideal candidate will attract, retain, and develop the highest quality talent. S/he will provide strong technical guidance to ensure the right technology and architecture decisions are being made and provide continuous product innovation to delight customers with world-class delivery experience and operational excellence.
- Hires and develops great people; inspires passion in others
- Has innate curiosity about genomics and human health
- Thinks strategically, but stays on top of tactical execution
- Expects and requires innovation of her/his team
Required Experience Includes
- Proven ability to hire world class talent and foster an environment of innovation
- Ability to manage and influence organizations of both technical and nontechnical specialists
- Deep knowledge of current software design and development methodologies, processes, and best practices
- Strong knowledge of web and mobile development tools and technologies
- Track record of delivering successful products and services
- The ability to scope projects effectively and manage expectations
- Experience guiding the quality assurance process to efficiently produce high quality software
- Strong attention to detail and ability to deliver clinical-grade applications
Required Knowledge & Experience
- Undergraduate degree in computing field, post-graduate studies preferred.
- Senior level experience with industry standard web, cloud, and database technologies
- Current knowledge in .Net technologies including object-relational development
- Leadership in an agile environment
- Familiarity with best practices for DevOps in a cloud-based architecture (particularly AWS)
- Strong communications skills with the ability to integrate the requirements of subject matter experts with the best current technology.
- Experience in a clinical or regulated environment very helpful