Sr. Full Stack Engineer at AutoTrader (Toronto, ON, Canada)
Location: Toronto, ON, Canada
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-06-18 05:01:15
Senior Full Stack Engineer
Trader Corporation is the team behind Canada’s leading automotive marketplace, autoTRADER.ca. We are a technology driven company that creates world class solutions for our users and dealer customers. We are expanding our team and need a Senior Full Stack Engineer for one of our engineering teams.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Design and develop elegant full-stack cloud solutions which are end-to end: from technical analysis and data implementation/architecture, through to unit testing, development, and integration testing.
- Provide mentorship to less experienced engineers within your team on engineering excellence, including how to choose appropriate design patterns and identify anti-patterns, thoroughness in code-reviews, the perils of bad unit testing, appropriate engineering flow, and architectures which support maintenance and extensibility.
- Establish cross-team procedures to ensure software is thoroughly documented
- Perform root cause analysis on software defects, identify corrective action and liaise with production support to resolve issues.
- Work with business partners and engineers to evaluate the suitability of 3rd party software
- Maintain continuous integration and continuous deployment for applications.
- MVVM framework experience in Angular 5+, as well as hands-on experience with ASP.NET MVC
- Experience with .NET Web API, .NET Core, and Azure API management.
- Responsive Front-end layout/design, and implementation using JQuery and Bootstrap 4
- Non-relational table storage using Azure Table Storage.
- Working experience on high-traffic websites, while leveraging techniques to enable performance and caching, security and monitoring
- Able to conceptualize a technical solution and relay it to other team members and stakeholders.
- Work with Trader’s architecture group to implement software against reference specification.
- Expert level experience in building unit, component, and integration tests and knowledge of how to use this as a system contract between other system end points.
- Experience building cloud-based apps and a strong familiarity in the scalability, performance optimization, and monitoring of those apps.
- Know how to work with source code management and delivery platforms like Github, Azure Dev Ops, and JIRA in a distributed team environment.
- University Degree (or equivalent) in Computer Science or related subject.
- 5+ years of experience in the online software industry; strong knowledge of website design, functionality usability, and web-based application architectures.
- Expert level experience with Microsoft platform web development.
- Excellent knowledge of both relational and non-relational data stores, C#, Microsoft Azure cloud solutions and technologies, and both core and current engineering tooling.
- Great understanding on agile methodologies in a Kanban delivery environment.