QA Engineer at NowPow (Chicago, IL)
Location: Chicago, IL
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-06-18 05:01:15
Who are we?
NowPow, whose name is a play on knowledge is power, is a women-owned and led technology business based on Chicago's south side. NowPow's multi-sided platform is a personalized community referral management solution that enables care professionals - social workers, physicians, justice workers - to manage and close the loop on health and social service referrals and directly support patients, members, and clients in their own self care. NowPow helps people get the care they need, whether they are managing chronic health and social conditions or just staying well.
The QA Engineer will lead, plan, and execute the testing strategy with your assigned teams each sprint. You will be responsible for the creation and execution of both manual and automated test cases. A successful candidate will be a creative and a resourceful self-starter with experience in both test automation and manual testing of SaaS solutions. You should be excited to take on new challenges, be able to plan and implement test strategies at a high level and be ready to jump into the details of the test execution.
Participate in NowPow's test automation projects:
- Help to build and maintain our test automation suite
- Drive adoption of best practices in code health, testing, and maintainability
- Build tools to automate and facilitate the regression testing process
- Analyze and decompose complex software systems and collaborate with and influence others to improve the overall design
Build great software:
- Collaborate with the Engineering and Product team to lead, develop, and execute the test plans for each NowPow release for your assigned teams
- Develop test plans and test cases for the functional areas to be tested
- Execute test cases during the development sprints and document results
- Provide feedback for improving development processes
- Accurately determine, assign, track and manage project task, activity, documentation, time information per internal standards
- Mentor team in best practices and industry standards
- BS or MS in computer science or equivalent
- 2 - 4 years of professional experience in related field
- 2+ years of experience conducting regression, functional, and performance tests in an enterprise software development environment
- C# experience preferred
- Experience in back-end and API testing is required
- Strong SQL knowledge is required
- Experience in test automation and the ability to write and build automated tests in Selenium
- Microsoft .NET experience (ASP.NET, C#, ADO.NET) preferred
- Experience with Test Driven Development a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Track record of superior performance
- Comfortable absorbing new technologies quickly
- Passion to build great software
We work at NowPow because we care! NowPowers are passionate about our mission and are excited about the opportunities and challenges we face. At NowPow, we cultivate a culture of collaboration and respect, where everyone is a valued team member.
Our people and our culture are important to us and make working at NowPow special. We invest in the self-care of our team and provide competitive benefits to support this. We celebrate our successes every week with a company-wide happy hour on Fridays and recognize those who went above and beyond in their work. Outside of work, we have fun through company events such as laser tag, ice skating and heading to the ballpark for beautiful weather and a baseball game - and look forward to being able to do so again!
We are looking for highly motivated and hard-working individuals to join our team and help us connect health care to self-care. Apply now to join our growing team!
Equal Employment Opportunity
NowPow is an Equal Opportunity Employer. NowPow evaluates applicants for employment on the basis of qualifications, merit, and work-related criteria without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, marital status, citizenship, national origin, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. Our management team is dedicated to this policy with respect to recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, benefits, associate activities and general treatment during employment.