Full Stack Developer at If P&C Insurance (Espoo, Finland)
Location: Espoo, Finland
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-06-18 05:01:16
You could call it Full Stack Developer.But actually, we’re looking for a guiding star of life-saving solutions.
About the unit
At If we have over 1000 colleagues in the Nordics. Most of our Tech teams are working in agile tribes. Each team is set to create customer value in a competent cross-functional squad. This enables an optimal environment for us to reach our shared objectives and key results. Your home base will be with Customer and Partner Solutions unit or Claims units. Techies in both units are developing and maintaining solutions for our customers. We enable sales, self-service, Content, CRM, and Identity & Access Management, Personal Injuries and Incident Specific Solutions.
About the team
This is the fun part: we are building an entirely new team. We hope you can help us define what our team will be in the future. If you have an idea of a perfect tech team and you would like to see it, this is your chance to make it happen.
About the role
Are you interested in building new? How would you feel about leaving your footprint in the company's development culture? Are you ready to make the team and the new ways of working? Do you have the resilience to handle uncertainty and drive change that you feel is needed? The core of this role comes from improving the general customer experience with technical excellence. Putting your heart and mind to creating solutions that make our customers' lives even more accessible. You will work in all parts of applications. Your teammates understand that everyone has their own passions, but you have the resilience to help your team also outside your comfort zone. We want to do things better than yesterday, so we continuously explore new ways of working using tools and frameworks, apart from your core competence. We value healthy laziness and a keen eye on quality since we don't want to do things more than once.
Depending on your strengths, your responsibilities could be:
- Together with your squad, design, develop, and maintain solutions that smoothen the customer journey
- Drive DevOps culture in your squad
- Support and mentoring squad members
- Plan and implement ways of working with technical debt
- Concentrate on developing and share your ideas.
Who are you?
This is not your first tango. You know what it means in real life to work in agile teams as a valuable team member. You don't shy about sharing your ideas and working both within the team and the whole organization. Additionally, you have opinions on how to apply the development principles and design patterns. In this role, English proficiency is needed; it's also the official language at If. Finnish/Swedish/Danish/Norwegian is a plus but not expected.
Following experience will be beneficial to your success:
You've been working with Microsoft stack before or this is the direction you would like to develop your skills. C#, .NET, React, and Azure are our core technologies, and of course, it's an asset if you have worked with these already. As much as the technical expertise, we value your attitude and ambition to help us build this new team in Espoo.
What we offer
- We will start by specifying your role description based on your strengths and interests.
- We think this role is full time (37,5 hours a week)
- This is an Espoo-based on-site position with flexible remote work opportunities (also after pandemic )
- We value self-development and we make sure you’ll have time and possibilities to do it
- We offer you a challenging job, Nordic IT community, and the possibility for professional growth to various paths.
Our target timeline
- The application period ends on 22.06.2021 at 23.59
- Talk with our Talent Acquisition Advisor Hilla –week 25 starting on 21.6.
- Meet our Chapter Leeds Mika and Saara - week 26 starting 28.6.
- Testing time, weeks 26 and 27 starting 1.7.
- Decision time by 11.7.2021
- Starting date – we'd hope mid-August, but in the end, as soon as it's convenient.
You can ping/call/mail Saara Roine (+358 50 477 9995) and/or Mika Suominen (+358 40 735 5733). If you call us, please, give us a few seconds before freaking out. Our aim is to answer everyone as soon as possible. At times, it just takes longer than we anticipate.