Senior Front-End Developer at Derivco. (Umhlanga, South Africa)
Location: Umhlanga, South Africa
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-06-18 05:01:16
Are you game to join our team of talented individuals? If so, read on.
As a learning organisation, we are always adapting, growing and expanding our know-how. We strive to drive the business (and ourselves) forward every day and pride ourselves on our culture. Add to that the competitive package and awesome benefits we all enjoy and we think you’ll love life here as much as we do!
Derivco Cape Town is looking for a Senior Front-End Developer in the game development space. This is a great challenge for someone who has a detailed understanding of the SDLC, is passionate about software development and can execute on the vision and direction of the Team Lead.
We are looking for someone to provide technical mentorship and coaching within our New Product team, who can contribute to technical decisions that promote the strategic goals set. This role is required to analyse, design, and produce quality software and documentation, while implementing and maintaining development standards and processes that improve efficiency and productivity.
The New Product team has defined its own culture through the people that have joined over time. We value treating one another with kindness and respect, and rely on trust to define our boundaries instead of setting rigid rules. Each team member is here to improve themselves and the products they are working on, while taking personal responsibility of their work and actions to meet the team’s ultimate goals.
If you consider yourself to be highly innovative and interested in creating unique games, then we are your team!
Develop and Maintain Software
- Acquire and maintain in-depth knowledge of the product. Provide technical mentorship on the project complexity, scope and risk for the product. Analyse requirements and create an appropriate software design. Guide team members with their requirement analysis and design. Collaborate with senior colleagues in creating and maintaining the team's SDLC. Communicate status and escalate on risks and issues timeously. Comprehensively create and maintain documentation of the software, system design and implementation. Create appropriate task estimates and review them with the team. Maintain, adhere to and oversee application of development and documentation standards, and team processes. Develop and release software to meet the defined specifications within the agreed time. Maintenance performed should not compromise the quality or functionality of the software.
Growth of People
- Agree to a technical coaching strategy with team leadership and play an active role in coaching. Take advantage of opportunities to provide technical help with the aim to upskill other team members.
- Proactively share knowledge about the operational environment. Readily share knowledge within the team and with key stakeholders.
- Ensure the team's products use appropriate technologies while staying abreast of new technologies. Good understanding of the product lifecycle, including production environments and operational overheads. Seek to understand the business drivers for the team's products and ensures that the architectural vision and design solution align with these business drivers. Works with other senior developers and architects to create and maintain the architectural vision for the team's products.
- Actively drive the improvement of the team's quality standards and processes. Review and fix all defects found as per the defined quality standards. Facilitate team code reviews with the aim to improve the quality of the team's software and upskilling of other team members. Help others improve the quality of their work. Ensure software functions as per the defined specification. Take full ownership of quality by working with the QA team to ensure the test plans are of a high quality and cover the full scope of development. Test all changes made and ensure that existing functionality works as expected. Test software as per the team's software quality charter.
Support and Maintenance
- Provide effective and timely feedback on support issues. Provide support for product related issues in production with appropriate urgency, as well as support to dependent teams.
Required Skills and Experience
- Minimum 3-year relevant qualification and at least 5 years software development experience OR Relevant 1-year certification and at least 7 years software development experience OR Minimum 8 years software development experience
- Coding experience in:
- Game and/or mobile development experience
- Productivity tools (e.g. Jira, Confluence, TFS)
- Emulators/OS/Browser experience
- Solid experience in the SDLC process
- Active coaching experience
- Effective teamwork experience
- Strong technical abilities
- Understand/participate in Agile practices
- Excellent communication skills
- Innovative thinker
- Ability to work in a high-pressure environment
- Adaptably Resilient
- Collaborative Relationships
- Communicates and Influences Effectively
- Develops Talent
- Drives Results
- Resourceful and Improving
- Strategic Mindset
- Decision-making Quality
As a learning organisation, we are always adapting, growing and expanding our know-how. In addition to this we reward our employees with a competitive package and benefits.
Apply today because together, we can achieve the impossible!