Senior Application Developer at Blend HRM Inc (Toronto, ON, Canada)
Location: Toronto, ON, Canada
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-06-18 05:01:17
POSITION TITLE: Application Senior Developer
REPORTS TO: Manager, IT Application Development
As an IT Senior Developer, you will be responsible for the successful design, development, implementation, and support of SOCAN systems and projects. You will collaborate with the Team Lead and other IT groups in the development of technical solutions. Reporting to the Manager of Business Applications Support and Development team, you will be involved in application development and support activities particularly with respect to the implementation of application solutions to support SOCAN’s core business areas. You will also have exposure to deployment of solutions, configuring cloud instances to fit the solution, providing business support in resolution of issues, and responding to queries, and working with business users and IT staff to ensure that business requirements are met.
The primary areas of responsibilities are:
- Work closely with solution architect and collaborate on design of new solution.
- Development, testing, and implementation of new software or enhancements to existing applications.
- Successful completion of assigned task items and ability to work on all levels of complexity in the delivery of the solution.
- Performs analysis and determines the required customizations and configurations for a new application or enhancement.
- Produces the required technical detailed design and program specifications as it applies to the solution being worked on to meet business requirements for new applications and enhancements.
- Aid in the guidance of more junior or intermediate staff that are assigned to work with them on the same initiatives or projects. Openly shares/assists others and same or more junior / intermediate levels to come up to speed on an area where they are more knowledgeable or experienced – e.g., a particular set of functionality or skill set.
- Collaboration with other technical teams and the business users to analyze production issues, determine solutions, provide timely communication, and ensure all tasks that support the solution are completed.
- Other than reviews from Team Lead or Manager, works completely independently, with significant collaboration with other teams and with the Business.
- Provides feedback to all department wide standards, processes, and management tools to increase productivity and effectiveness of organization.
- Ensures deliverables are delivered on-time, on-quality and meet the business needs.
- Escalates issues to the Team Lead on a timely basis for assistance in resolution.
- With an understanding of SOCAN business processes, collaborate with project managers, user groups, management, and external clients to analyze, evaluate and determine business requirements.
- Liaise and communicate with Business/IT staff and stakeholders for all on-going issues, queries, and statuses.
- In collaboration with the Team Lead, provides input to estimates for development work.
- Provide documentation to support SOCAN ‘s application standards.
- Assist in updating department and SDLC procedures.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED:
- Solid application development skills and strong software development lifecycle knowledge
- Solid background in the technology aspects of implementing large complex integrated system.
- Strong understanding of common business processes and practices
- Strong knowledge and experience of systems design
- Strong experience and understanding of integration and SOA/web-services/middleware technologies.
- Integration Technologies: SSIS, REST API’s, Message Queue, Service Bus, API Gateway’s
- ERP Technologies: EPICOR and / or Integration to ERP system is an asset.
- Portal Technologies : Angular JS, Node JS, SharePoint, XML, YAML, JSON.
- Demonstrated Strong knowledge and experience on C#, Asynchronous programming patterns, Multi-threaded applications, .Net, Web Services.
- Strong background and experience of MS SQL database, MSSQL, MySQL, Oracle, TSQL, PL-SQL, SSRS, SSAS, SSIS.
- Knowledge of Visual Studio 2017 or higher, GitHub, TFS, JIRA and MS Project server is essential.
- Knowledge of Change Management, Incident Management, and Project Management is essential.
- Results oriented.
- Relationship and team builder
- Take Initiative
- Outstanding customer service skills
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills
- A University Graduate in Computer Science or an equivalent appropriate degree
- Minimum 10 years experience as a senior developer for Microsoft based technologies.
PERKS OF THE JOB
As an employee of SOCAN, you will be eligible to receive the following benefits and perks, to help make your-day-to-day life a little bit easier:
- Comprehensive benefits plan (medical, vision, dental)
- Access to online medical service to receive professional advice and prescriptions if needed
- Defined Contribution Pension Plan, with employer matching
- Flexible spending account allowance that can be used towards medical or wellness related costs
- Competitive bonus
- Discounts at retail, attractions and much more
- Group discounts on car / home insurance
- Employee Family Assistance program
- Onsite fitness facilities and wellness programming
- Discounts at Goodlife Fitness membership
- Tuition reimbursement program
Five (5) day work week January – April, with the possibility of a 4-day work week from May-August.
SOCAN’s is committed to creating an inclusive work environment that supports a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
If selected for an interview, skills may be tested, and selection will be based on factors, related experience and alignment of skills.
Interview teams are comprised of a diverse subset of people to ensure fair, equitable, consideration is made when considering each qualified candidate.
SOCAN is committed to providing an inclusive workplace environment that meets the accessibility needs of employees with disabilities. Should you require accommodations please contact us directly at [email protected] and we will make the necessary accommodations. Applications submitted to this email address will not be accepted.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY SOCAN is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Hiring and other employment decisions at SOCAN are made without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, ancestry, national origin, ethnic origin, age, disability, citizenship, veteran status, sexual orientation, record of offences, marital status, family status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, provincial, or local law, regulation, or ordinance.
READY TO JOIN SOCAN AND MAKE A DIFFERENCE? Please visit our career page at: http://www.socan.com/careers/ and select “Apply” beside the role you are interested in applying for.
We thank everyone for their interest however, only qualified applicants will be contacted.
To learn more about SOCAN, please visit www.socan.com.