Solution Engineer (m/f/d) at Relayr (Berlin, Germany)
Location: Berlin, Germany
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-06-18 05:01:26
Relayr is the Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) powerhouse delivering the most complete solution for risk-free digital transformations. We unleash data insights from existing equipment, machines and production lines to improve our customers’ business outcomes.
We provide a unique combination of first-class IIoT technology and its delivery with powerful financial and insurance offerings — all from a single source trusted by hundreds of companies worldwide. With around 300 employees, we are a truly global family with locations in Germany, the USA, Poland, Italy, and the UK. Named twice the hottest start-up in Berlin by WIRED magazine and a winner of The Spark - the German Digital Award, relayr is now part of the Munich Re group.
As a Solution Engineer based out of our Berlin office, you will assist our engineering team in identifying the best fit to customer on-site needs, bridging the physical and digital world with a product-oriented approach. We have two roles available with one in our Maintenance Solution team and another in our Customer Delivery team.
For both roles, your responsibilities include:
- Work with cross-functional teams to create cutting-edge IoT products and solutions that combine Hardware, Software, Cloud computing, and Machine Learning.
- Investigate technical aspects for the maintenance, reliability industry, and ISO standards and translate them into features requirements.
- Assess typical industrial machine faults:” Failure modes and effect analysis” and “conceptual physical modelling” and develop solutions to make those manageable.
- Manage the integration of field elements, towards building reusable use-cases and solutions, to address current and future customers' needs.
In addition, specific responsibilities in the Maintenance Solution team include:
- Understand different types of industrial equipment and the ability to identify and solve potential Maintenance and reliability problems with the biggest impact potential.
- Act as the subject matter expert in maintenance and reliability of industrial equipment, helping the team identify areas of value that solutions need to address.
In addition, specific responsibilities in the Customer Delivery team include:
- Understand different types of industrial equipment to constantly identify and solve problems with the biggest impact potential.
- Act as the Subject Matter Expert in the team and summarize complex issues regarding industrial applications, IT systems, machine processes, etc, into a proposal for customer and requirements for the internal development teams.
For both roles, you will have the following skills and experience:
- Proven experience leading customer-facing projects
- Leadership skills and experience working with multidisciplinary technical teams.
- Degree or Master's in Engineering.
- 5+ years of experience in an industrial-related field (ideally Industrial Rotating Equipment).
- Experience with external contractors, developers, and vendors is a plus.
- Knowledge of Agile software development life cycle, methodologies (Scrum, Kanban), and tools (Jira, etc.) is a plus.
- Knowledge of version control software like Git
- Good written and communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to work independently.
- A team player with the ability to work in complex cross-functional teams.
- Self-initiated and assertive.
In addition, specific experience in the Maintenance Solution team include:
- Experience working with maintenance departments and experience in the field of reliability engineering.
- Experience developing software using Python or comparable language is highly regarded
In addition, specific experience in the Customer Projects Delivery team include:
- Experience in industrial control systems implementation and commissioning.
- Demonstrated experience developing software using Python, C#, or comparable languages.
Nice to Have:
- Experience with IoT hardware platforms (Arduino, Raspberry Pi, BeagleBone)
- Knowledge of MQTT and RESTFul concepts
- Knowledge and experience with IoT protocols and standards (MQTT, REST, 6LoWPAN, LoRa, BLE)
- Flexibility and safety are important to us! As a company we were quick to react when the Corona pandemic began, sending all our employees to work from home. If you start out as a new employee at relayr, you will be working from home, enjoy a structured digital onboarding programme and flexible working hours.
- Modern office located in Kreuzberg with a relaxation room, standing-desks, free fruits, and a high-end espresso machine.
- Relayrians come from all over the world, speak 20+ languages (working language is English), and welcome people of all ages and parental statuses. Our customers are as diverse as we are - join us to connect with a network of companies and people from around the globe.
- An extensive on-boarding period so you can get up to speed with the rest of the team.
- A learning environment where you can build upon your skills and interests, share knowledge, and attend events and conferences pertaining to your discipline. We also offer free German classes at all levels.
- Have some fun with regular team lunches and offsites, a yearly company summit, and our branded goodies.
- Competitive salary.
- We fully support your move to Berlin with a relocation budget and visa assistance. We'll help you settle into your exciting new city!
- 25 paid vacation days + public holidays.
- Discounted Urban Sports Club membership.
- We partner with Fürstenberg Institute to provide our employees with psychological support and career coaching.
- We offer the ability to work in a cutting-edge field with the best people in the IoT industry!
At relayr, we are passionate about creating an inclusive workplace that promotes and values diversity. As firm believers in the power of different perspectives, we encourage our employees to share knowledge and exchange bold ideas to help innovation in the IoT industry thrive.We are committed to creating a fair, supportive, and open environment for all.