Senior Software Engineer (MacOS) at Nexthink (Prilly, Switzerland)
Location: Prilly, Switzerland
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-06-18 05:01:27
Inside the Nexthink Engineering department, the team you will be joining builds what we call the Collectors: the endpoint agents that run on the system of the millions of employees mentioned above.
In a nutshell, Collectors extract meaningful information about what's going on the OS, interpret it and feed it to our amazing data analytics systems.
- Challenge #1: make the list of information impressive, growing and increasingly difficult to get and crunch
- Challenge #2: keep the smallest footprint possible on each machine
- Challenge #3: all of the above, but as cross-platform as possible
Our engineers are excited to take on broad and non-conventional problems and are able to narrow them down to a relevant shape and function. They constantly come up with ideas to improve our product, they prototype them, then see them through in production and measure their impact. All of this with the very high standards of quality, performance and security that are part of our DNA.
You are an ideal candidate for the job if you:
- have at least 5 years of experience in software development
- are very fluent in C and C++, preferably up to date with the latest iterations of the standard are passionate about researching how things work under the hood
- have a very good demonstrable understanding of Unix-like OS internals ( if you have experience with the macOS-specific system programming and development environment, that would be a very big plus)
- have a very good ability to adapt to different OS and development environments - we are one team, and we develop cross-platform
- consistently write concise and very well tested code
- are able to decisively pitch in on the testing automation strategy
- are passionate about continuous integration and delivery
- are able to navigate and debug a complex architecture code - using the tools available and, of course, your very strong attention to details
- communicate clearly and concisely in English
Sounds challenging? Join the team!