Site Reliability Engineer at WELL Health Inc. (Los Angeles, CA) (allows remote)
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-06-18 05:01:29
ABOUT WELL HEALTH
Our Mission: Make healthcare the gold standard in customer service.
What We Deliver: WELL™Health is a SaaS digital health leader in patient communications and the 2021 Best in KLAS winner in Patient Outreach. WELL Health’s intelligent communications hub is the only two-way digital health solution engaging patients throughout their entire care experience. WELL Health enables conversations between patients and their providers through secure, multilingual messaging in the patient’s preferred communications channel: texting, email, telephone, and live chat. By unifying and automating disjointed communications, WELL Health helps healthcare organizations drive more patient visits, build exceptional patient loyalty, and reduce staffing costs, frustration and turnover.
Our Impact: WELL Health helps 200k+ healthcare providers facilitate more than 1 billion messages for 30+ million patients annually.
Our award-winning culture: In 2021, WELL Health was named #10 on the Forbes list of America’s Best Startup Employers and was also recognized as one of the Best Midsize Companies to Work for in Los Angeles by Built In LA. In 2020, WELL Health was named among the Best Places to Work by Modern Healthcare and ranked #170 on the Inc. 5000 list of fastest growing private companies.
WELL has an exciting opportunity for a talented Site Reliability Engineer (SRE) to join our fast-growing organization. As the SRE Engineer, you’ll design, build, and maintain internally critical systems in the cloud enabling the successful scale and management of systems by supporting teams, while ensuring uptime, scale, and performance is maintained appropriate to our end users’ needs. Site Reliability Engineering is accountable for the overall reliability of services running in our cloud production environments. We are systems and software engineers who engage with other teams at every level. Our goal is to make WELL’s production environments more transparent, more predictable, and less cognitively demanding for all the stakeholders they serve.
You will be part of a highly adaptable team who will engage with multiple teams including Engineering Architects, Developers, QA, DevOps, Security, and Operations teams within the organization. You will also influence the direction of work performed by external consultants.
- Combine software and systems knowledge to continually optimize systems and workflows by improving architecture, infrastructure, automation, CI/CD, and observability.
- Help define new and improve existing services to measure, and ensure reliability.
- Collaborate on continuous automation of the SaaS operations toolset, deployment and configuration management of the infrastructure systems and services.
- Document and provide training to our peers for projects and products worked on.
- Participate in on-call rotation as the need arises. Conduct root cause analysis and identify relationships between processes and events.
- Identify and implement continuous improvements to reduce mean time of delivery, antifragile design and security posture.
- Empower engineers to contribute changes to infrastructure by pairing, supporting and mentoring.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science (or a related area of study).
- At least 3-5 years of related experience with a focus on configuration and code, and demonstrated experience managing production cloud infrastructure at scale.
- Ownership, architecture, and management of AWS components such as VPCs, EC2, S3, Kinesis, DynamoDB, Route 53, KMS.
- Experience working with Docker container deployment and orchestration technologies with knowledge of fundamentals including service discovery, deployments, monitoring, scheduling, load balancing.
- A focus on software engineering best practices such as testing, static analysis, continuous integration, delivery, and deployment.
- Experience programming with Python or similar languages, and a strong understanding of Unix/Linux networking operating systems.
- Experience with IaC/fleet orchestration tools such as Terraform, OpsWorks, and Ansible.
- A passion for automating away common tasks and processes.
- You understand the challenges and trade-offs to be made when building and deploying systems to production.
- Skilled in identifying performance bottlenecks, identifying anomalous system behavior, and resolving root cause of service issues.
- Specific experience with ECS and Fargate
- Specific experience with Terragrunt
WELL is headquartered in Santa Barbara, CA. For this role, we are open to candidates that are looking for a permanently remote role. The majority of WELL’s Engineering team is based on the West Coast. Candidates must be able to work during standard working hours in the PST timezone. The ideal candidate is located in Southern California.
WORKING AT WELL
- Fantastic company culture – frequent Zoom company events (Lunch & Learns, trivia, yoga, etc.) and daily fun brought to you by many creative Slack channels.
- Employee equity groups – 11 groups available for all to join. Black & Latinx, Women, LGBTQ+, Disability, and many more!
- Learning and development – frequent events and tools available to help our employees #PursueGrowth.
- Career mobility – we promote from within and have opportunities for employees to transfer between teams.
- Santa Barbara office perks – dog-friendly office, healthy (and unhealthy) snacks, Kombucha and beer on tap, light-filled space, standing desks, and the occasional taco truck.
- Company perks and benefits – MacBook Pro provided, unlimited PTO, generous equity package and full health benefits (medical, dental, and vision).
Committed to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
WELL Health Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to fair and equitable hiring practices. All hiring decisions at WELL are based on strategic business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications. All candidates are considered without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexuality, national origin, age, disability, genetics or any other protected status.
We’re dedicated to creating an inclusive, equitable, and diverse workplace, where everyone feels safe to be themselves and diversity is a strength. WELL is committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment; WELL will not tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind.