Full Stack Developer at Acolyte Group (Plymouth, UK)
Location: Plymouth, UK
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-06-18 05:01:30
Back-end Azure Cloud Developer
Schneider’s purpose is to empower all to make the most of our energy and resources, bridging progress and sustainability for all. We call this Life Is On.
Our mission is to be your digital partner for Sustainability and Efficiency.
We drive digital transformation by integrating world-leading process and energy technologies, end-point to cloud connecting products, controls, software and services, across the entire lifecycle, enabling integrated company management, for homes, buildings, data centers, infrastructure and industries.
We are the most local of global companies. We are advocates of open standards and partnership ecosystems that are passionate about our shared Meaningful Purpose, Inclusive and Empowered values. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YtExntUe89c
The Residential Controls business within the Schneider Electric group is a global provider of devices used to control heating, hot water, humidity and cooling in domestic and small commercial installations and is expanding into the world of Smart Products. The business is investing heavily in new product design, market expansion and further development of existing markets. In particular, it is creating an exciting new range of Internet and cloud-connected smart products to exploit the opportunities provided by the rapid growth of the Internet of Things (IoT). https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4LXBa3UcrGI
Location – You will be working from home with occasional travels to Plymouth and London when requested, less than 10% of your time travelling. You will be working closely with Schneider R&D teams in the UK and across the world.
We are looking for an experienced full-stack Azure cloud developer to help drive Drayton’s Smart Controls business to the next level. This is an exciting opportunity to work on the creation of data-driven products in the Internet of Things space. Working closely with members of the product development team (product management, firmware, cloud services, electronics, mechanical and systems design), you will play a leading role in developing cloud-based applications that scale across multiple use cases, customers, and devices.
Within the Schneider cloud ecosystem, this role will focus primarily on the creation and maintenance of Azure cloud services spanning message-oriented components, data storage and retrieval, and interfacing and presentation to external entities such as 3rd party services and Schneider mobile applications.
The role will also be responsible for defining and/or validating requirements to be implemented by our cloud service providers(s) and verifying their correct implementation.
Cloud based services are only useful if they are available and responsive, so a key element of this role is to proactively engage with DevSecOps specialists, 2nd line support and cloud service providers to ensure appropriate service monitoring is in place and incidents are managed to conclusion in a timely manner.
Your main responsibilities:
Generic Development Responsibilities:
- Design and develop cloud-based, data-driven applications using microservice architectures
- Minimise complexity in all development by the application of careful analysis and proven software engineering principles
- Produce clean code & simple but effective code architectures to maximise maintainability
- Apply a mixture of BDD, TDD and edge-case exploration to author effective automated tests
- Design and implement CI/CD in conjunction with DevOps specialists to support the development process and maintain consistent deployment to test, staging and production environments.
- Where appropriate produce concise, high quality documentation to provide overall context and explanations for complex areas of code.
- Contribute to the refinement and definition of user stories via ‘3 Amigoes’ style collaboration with product owners and testers.
- Provide valuable input to the Agile Process during backlog refinement, sprint planning, daily stand-ups and retrospectives.
- Work with the SRE to build reliable services and applications
- Back-end development with microservice experience
- Use of the Microsoft stack with .Net Core
- Code quality practices such as Clean Coding, SOLID & DRY.
- Best-practice test automation including use of TDD, Mocks & the pursuit of unit, integration & user level tests.
- Agile development methodologies.
- Takes responsibility for and proactively drives work packages to completion
- Passionate about technology and its application to smart home automation
- Customer focused
- Good team player and communicator
- Microsoft Azure development using C# to create message-oriented and micro-services architectures.
- Front-end web development
- Creating data-driven applications
What we offer:
You can look forward to growing your career in a dynamic workplace with significant personal responsibility and flexible working models to ensure the right work/life balance.
A dynamic and personal atmosphere, working across teams
A company culture that encourages performance and cooperation
An attractive compensation package including the comprehensive fringe benefits expected of an international company
We are an employer that is characterized by both the appreciation and equal opportunities of our employees, a recipe for generating success.