Core backend Team Lead at Smart Adserver (Paris, France)
Location: Paris, France
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-06-18 05:01:32
Hi! We are Smart!
Smart is an AdTech leader created in 2001 on the belief that we can disrupt the on-line advertising industry. Headquartered in the heart of Paris and with offices in 12 countries, Smart provides cutting-edge technologies that help hundreds of prestigious customers take back control and maximize their digital revenues with a flexible and transparent audience monetization platform.
We can rely on a unique group of 280+ Smarties focused on excellence to shape our future. They continually embrace change and overcome challenge together to make innovation happen. That means we can offer you endless opportunity to do the same and let you shape the world you want!
About the team
At Smart, we’re on a mission to develop advertising technologies that empower our customers to reach their digital business goals. This means that we rely on massively scalable, widely distributed, highly available, and efficient software systems; the platform deals with over 100 billions requests per day and above 40 Gbps of network traffic.
Our innovation team based in Paris, Krakow and Nantes is composed of 90 straightforward and energetic engineers working in an Agile environment and ready to tackle the most complex technical challenges.
You will join our fast-growing R&D team based in Paris on a mission to build, organize and develop our Core Backend Engineering team that works on our bidding and ad delivery engines. You'll report directly to our Director of Engineering based in Paris.
What you'll do
- Lead and develop a team of Software Engineers that have a passion for scale and performance. Be responsible for designing and implementing a strategic plan with your team to develop, build and optimize our engines and platform.
- Work closely with R&D Management to give vision to your team, as well as gather and translate requirements into realistic technical solutions
- Assess quality of produced features by monitoring and tests, reviewing code to ensure maintainability, checking processes and documentationParticipate actively to the team spirit, be a role model for your team, supporting both the technical vision of the company and the growth and performance of your team members
- Demonstrate strong interest to work on performance & optimization topics
- Use remaining time and your strong development skills:
- To take part to architecture discussions to boost global engine performance
- To participate to the day to day scope of the team: Design, develop, deploy and maintain scalable and highly available solutions for our platforms engines
- Innovate and learn in autonomy during our Smart days
- Master degree in Computer Science or similar technical field of study
- 5+ years of software development experience on a Microsoft stack (C# .Net Core 3.1) and familiar with memcaches and microservices
- Experience in managing and leading engineering teams
- Strong interest in new technologies (Aerospike, RabbitMQ, Prometheus, Grafana, Docker, Kubernetes, Nuget, NUnit, GitLab, SonarCube, GCP) and large-scale technical stakes
- Entrepreneurial spirit and know-how to identify opportunities of improvement
- Personal projects with code sharing, we’re curious about your art!
Grow with us! You will work in a challenging and fast-paced profitable context with varied projects and get awesome opportunities to develop your skills and grow internally. Flexible working policy.
Leave your mark! Smart is a human-size company. Each employee can have a direct impact on our business, customers and teams.
Live global! You will work across countries & cultures through geographical moves or our Backpackers program, our interoffice exchange policy to boost employees’ collaboration.
We are transparent! We speak with fact and data and have a true culture of feedback. We believe in an open world and show a strong sense of integrity both internally & externally.
Smart AdServer is an equal opportunity employer. Equal access to employment, services, and programs are available to everyone, regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. If you require reasonable accommodation throughout the application and/or interview process, please contact the recruitment team at [email protected].