Backend IoT Developer (all genders) at TOMRA Sorting GmbH (Auckland, Neuseeland)
Location: Auckland, Neuseeland
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-06-18 05:01:33
Backend IoT Developer (all genders)
FULL TIME Auckland, New Zealand With Professional Experience
Why TOMRA?TOMRA Sorting Solutions is a world leader in optical and electronic sorting equipment and is a dynamic company with an outstanding product line the field of sorting in Recycling, Food and Mining.
Why is it worthwhile to start and stay at TOMRA? Quite simply, we are a steadily growing international company that has retained its family atmosphere. Our corporate culture is Norwegian, which means there is no hierarchical thinking. If you are interested in titles and hierarchy you are at the wrong place here. We see a bright future in economic terms. Aside from that, it´s nice to know that our recycling machines are helping to make the world cleaner.
Today, we are not utilizing resources in a sustainable way. In fact, the world is only 9% circular, meaning much of the Earth’s precious resources are only used once, leaving huge untapped potential for more sustainable resource management. TOMRA provides cutting-edge solutions for optimal resource productivity within the recycling, mining and food industries and is therefore uniquely positioned to shape the Circular Economy, creating demand for this way of thinking in the world. At TOMRA we want to be a thought leader, encouraging a more sustainable way of thinking and inspiring active change around the world.
At TOMRA, we look for leaders by example – not bosses.We talk TO one another and not ABOUT one another – or top-down. As an employer, we stand for transparency, team spirit, laughter, innovation and passion for what we do! We don’t like playing games or politics in the office. Instead, we offer you a “purpose”. We see ourselves as game changers, idea creators, influencers,…. We are a family of colleagues, work together – and not against one another – and prefer to see the glass half full and not half empty.
Position OverviewThe Backend IoT Developer is the technical product owner of our IoT connectivity acting as the technical expert in that area which others can consult and who
evaluates, prototypes and implements new product features. They will also assist in implementing new features and troubleshoot issues across the entire cloud platform.
- Implement new features and changes in all parts of our cloud platform
- Keep up to date and perform hands-on evaluation and implementation of new technologies in particular around IoT connectivity
- Provide technical expertise and guidance to connected teams and shape the roadmap for our IoT Edge connectivity
- Provide technical assistance and troubleshooting for all parts of the cloud platform
- Document specifications, designs and keep developer documentation up to scratch
Candidate ProfileDegree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or Automation Technology, or similar – alternatively 5+ years of work experience in a similar role.
- Working proficiency and communication skills in verbal and written English.
- Flexibility to work outside standard office hours due to team members located in New Zealand, Europe, US, and China.
- Willingness to travel internationally (<10%).
- Love to code – C# would be good; more programming languages is a benefit.
- Have experience with IoT setups, edge computing and data processing.
- Have hands-on experience with Linux setups and shell scripting.
- Have experience with continuous delivery and integration, microservices, automated unit and integration testing, database technologies, …
- Have experience with cloud backends – MS Azure framework preferred.
- Have experience with version control systems, ideally Git.
- Have a good understanding of network technologies, configurations, and communication protocols – VPN, TCP/IP, OPC DA & UA, Modbus, MQTT, AMQP, …
- Have a structured approach and are willing to take pragmatic decisions.
Are you interested?Please send us ...
- a motivation letter, indicating why you are a good match for this position (in English)
- CV (in English)
- Certificates (degree, university, trainings, testimonials, referrals, etc)
Contact: Rosa Steffes
Do you want more information?YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yBe7cVUYyuITOMRA Website: https://www.tomra.com/de-de/careers/current-vacancies