Fullstack Node.js Developer at METECS (Houston, TX)
Location: Houston, TX
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-06-18 05:01:34
We are looking for a highly capable Node.js developer to contribute to our web-based real time application platform. You will be collaborating with our front-end application developers, designing back-end components, and integrating data storage and protection solutions.
Qualified candidates for this role should possess extensive knowledge of developing and deploying client, server, and data-driven applications utilizing Node.js. An accomplished Node.js developer will be someone whose expertise results in the stable, fast, and secure exchange of data between servers and end-users.
- Developing and maintaining server-side network components.
- Ensuring optimal performance of the central database and responsiveness to front-end requests.
- Collaborating with front-end developers on the integration of elements.
- Designing customer-facing UI and back-end services for various business processes.
- Developing high-performance applications by writing testable, reusable, and efficient code.
- Implementing effective security protocols, data protection measures, and storage solutions.
- Running diagnostic tests, repairing defects, and providing technical support.
- Documenting Node.js processes, including database schemas, as well as preparing reports.
- Recommending and implementing improvements to processes and technologies.
- Keeping informed of advancements in the field of Node.js development.
Node.js Developer Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Science or related field.
- At least two years' experience as a Node.js developer.
- Knowledge of front-end technologies such as HTML5 and CSS3.
- Superb interpersonal, communication, and collaboration skills.
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving aptitude.
- Great organizational and time management skills.
- Availability to resolve urgent web application issues outside of business hours.
- Experience with game development
- Experience with a modern game engine such as UE4 or Unity3D
- C# or C++
Citizenship or lawful permanent resident required due to federal position
About METECS -
We are a small high-performance team providing advanced engineering, software and analysis solutions for human space flight space and terrestrial applications. We develop and integrate software for NASA and other government and commercial customers utilizing a wide variety of custom, commercial, and open-source technologies. Our specialties include robotics controls & analysis software, spacecraft and commercial equipment dynamics simulations, immersive computer graphics, XR systems and web-based automation tools. Active and recent projects include algorithm development for NASA's Robonaut and Valkyrie robots, autonomous UAV control, RFID-Enabled Logistics Management for the International Space Station, the NASA Miniature Exercise Device (MED-2), spacecraft wireless Developmental Flight Instrumentation (DFI), the Orion Spacecraft Ascent Abort 2 mission, NASA s Exploration System Simulation (NExSyS), and NASA s Training Systems for the 21st Century initiative.
Perks: Flex hours, casual dress, get to make history.
METECS is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, religion, alienage or national origin, ancestry, age, disability or handicap, sex, gender, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.