Cloud Engineer at Alpiq (Olten, Switzerland)
Location: Olten, Switzerland
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-06-18 05:01:34
D&C Technology is a functional unit that supports Alpiq’s Business Area Digital & Commerce with management systems for the trading, origination and energy sales businesses, including the delivery of digital solutions for customers from the industrial, commerce and energy sectors.
We are currently looking for a Cloud Engineer to join our D&C Technology unit. In this role you will report to the AOS Team Leader. Your responsibility will be the implementation of Projects and support of Cloud Infrastructure for trading, retail and other Business Applications within the D&C Technology portfolio. You will work in a dynamic international team that supports teams across D&C Technology providing Cloud Engineering services.
Your main responsibilities
- Design, implement and support complex Cloud Projects aligned with Cloud best practices to ensure robust solutions in a cross-functional technology team
- Design, implement and maintain CI/CD pipelines to automate the Application lifecycle.
- Coordinate the implementation (incl. release management) of business requirements
- Align implementation of Projects with Architectural and Security standards both within D&C Technology and Group IT
- Ensure project deliverables are successfully transitioned to the AOS Team.
- Actively participate in code reviews, document reviews and knowledge sharing activities within the team
- Follow Best Practice processes for configuration, change and release management to ensure all changes are properly tracked
- Support for existing Cloud solutions, part of a team that may provide on-call shifts to support a 24/7 environment
- University Degree in Computer Science or similar, Cloud Certification as an advantage
- Experience in the architecture and engineering of secure and reliable Cloud-oriented solutions leveraging the DevSecOps paradigm (i.e. Terraform, Docker, Kubernetes, etc.)
- Experience in DevOps strategies in multi-account Cloud environments
- Expertise in the support of a complex application environment
- Experience in databases (SQL) and infrastructure environment (hardware, network and clients)
- Experience in a Trading environment as an advantage
- Proficient in English