Intermediate Front-End Developer at Derivco. (Umhlanga, South Africa)
Location: Umhlanga, South Africa
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-06-18 05:01:34
Are you game to join our team of talented individuals? If so, read on.
As a learning organisation, we are always adapting, growing and expanding our know-how. We strive to drive the business (and ourselves) forward every day and pride ourselves on our culture. Add to that the competitive package and awesome benefits we all enjoy and we think you’ll love life here as much as we do!
Derivco Cape Town is looking for an Intermediate Front-End Developer, in the game development space. This is a great challenge for someone who has a detailed understanding of the SDLC, is passionate about game development and can execute on the vision and direction of the Team Lead.
This role entails producing and maintaining software for the portfolio of games while ensuring the standards and best practices are adhered to, with highest quality of code.
In the Game Remaster Alter team, everything is TEAM first. We are dedicated to achieving our targets no matter what. We value respect, honesty, and diligence. We are goal driven irrespective of the challenge or effort required and have an unwritten rule that we trust each other to do what we promise we will do. The team’s main goal is to develop a modular game framework while following an agile methodology in order to meet the team objectives set for external game testing.
Are you game?
Develop and Maintain Software
- Analyse, design and produce quality software, using the HTML5, CSS, Typescript and SOLID principles. Create and maintain documentation of the software design and implementation. Adhere to and improve the defined team standards and best practices. Create estimates and reviews them with seniors and the team. Communicate status and escalates on risks timeously. Identify, analyse, and fix scalability & performance issues. Meet the defined game specifications and/or requirements within the agreed time.
- Proactively and readily shares knowledge within the team.
- Actively review and fix all defects found as per the defined quality standards. Debug and simulate using Test Harness and Emulators/OS/Browser, according to the official device list. Take full ownership of quality by working with the QA team to ensure the test plans are of a high quality and cover the full scope of development. Test software as per the team's software quality charter, as well as all changes made and ensure that existing functionality works as expected. Contributes to the improvement of the team's quality standards and processes.
Support and Maintenance
- Provide effective and timely feedback on support issues. Provide support for product related issues in production in a timely manner. Provide support to dependent teams.
Required Skills and Experience
- Matric, IT Tertiary qualification or equivalent
- 3 years + development experience
- Coding experience in:
- OO experience in C# or Java
- HTML & CSS
- Game and/or mobile development experience
- Productivity tools (e.g. Jira, Azure Boards, TFS)
- Understand code static analysis tools – SonarQube/TSLint
- Emulators/OS/Browser experience
- Understand/participate in the SDLC process
- Have a detailed orientated approach
- Understand/participate fully in Agile practices (SCRUM)
- Good communication skills
- Independent and innovative thinker
- Adaptably Resilient
- Collaborative Relationships
- Communicates and Influences Effectively
- Develops Talent
- Drives Results
- Resourceful and Improving
- Strategic Mindset
- Decision-making Quality
As a learning organisation, we are always adapting, growing and expanding our know-how. In addition to this we reward our employees with a competitive package and benefits.
Apply today because together, we can achieve the impossible!