Software Engineer at Siemens AG (Towcester, UK)
Location: Towcester, UK
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-06-18 05:01:35
Siemens Digital Industries Software (DI SW) is a leading provider of solutions for the design, simulation and manufacture of products across many different markets. Formula 1 cars, skyscrapers, ships, space exploration vehicles, and many of the objects we see in our daily lives are being conceived and manufactured using our Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) software.
We are currently looking to recruit for a hardworking Software Engineer (Fluid Dynamics) to join our outstanding team!
We are looking for someone with Maths or Engineering background (grad or post-grad) who wants to work in technical software engineering. They would join the Simcenter Flomaster development team and receive training and mentoring to develop as software engineers. We develop design and simulation software for thermo-fluid engineers across many industries from energy to aerospace.
What will I be doing?
- Delivering and maintaining leading edge engineering software within an agile team using lean values.
- Developing architectural and process improvements.
- Collaborating with Product Management to translate Engineering Requirements into elegant working software
- Designing and implementing code changes using Test Driven Development and Refactoring
- Working closely with the R&D group to design, prototype and develop new capabilities
What are we looking for?
We want candidates who come with the Desire, passion and energy to work in a growing organisation and to apply an innovative mind-set to mathematical, physical and engineering problems in order to invent and create new capabilities for the users of Simcenter Flomaster.
- Degree educated (Engineering/Science/Mathematics) qualification
- Experience of developing/coding large scale applications
- Experience of a full software development life-cycle as well as mathematical modelling, numerical techniques and/or Computational Fluid Dynamics
- Propose software solutions to high level product features
- Embrace the joy of innovation in a collaborative environment
- Able to decompose large packages of work into small incremental deliveries
- Understanding of development using Unit and Integration Tests ideally based on TDD practices
- An understanding of object-oriented design (OOD) and object-oriented programming (OOP) using either C#, C++ or Java
A collection of over 377,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality, and we encourage applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and creativity and help us shape tomorrow!
We offer a comprehensive reward package which includes a competitive basic salary, bonus scheme, generous holiday allowance, pension, private healthcare and actively support working from home.Siemens Software. Where today meets tomorrow
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Mentor Graphics (UK) Limited
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time