Software Developer Team Lead at Derivco. (Umhlanga, South Africa)
Location: Umhlanga, South Africa
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-06-18 05:01:36
Are you game to join our team of talented individuals? If so, read on.
As a learning organisation, we are always adapting, growing and expanding our know-how. We strive to drive the business (and ourselves) forward every day and pride ourselves on our culture. Add to that the competitive package and awesome benefits we all enjoy and we think you’ll love life here as much as we do!
Derivco Cape Town is looking for a Software Developer Team Lead to manage a cross-functional team within our Half Pixel Studio. This is a great challenge for someone who has a detailed understanding of the SDLC, is passionate about leading people within an agile work environment and can execute on the vision and direction of the Head of Studio.
This role entails facilitating and guiding the studio’s development and testing team to ensure they successfully achieve business objectives by consistently delivering enjoyable, high quality games.
Now let’s see if you have what it takes…
- Monitor and manage the team’s performance on an ongoing basis. Lead the team towards meeting goals against the agreed upon roadmap. Drive a PDP (Personal Development Plan) for each team member, and ensure the team is appropriately resourced. Provide opportunities for coaching and/or mentoring for team members. Effectively onboard new starts in the business area and team. Facilitate change management within the team.
- Build and manage strong relationships with various stakeholders to understand the stakeholders’ objectives to meet studio goals. Ensure that all escalated issues are handled effectively within the agreed SLA’s.
- Work towards achieving the business strategy by identifying and resolving risks, as well as creating and executing product, technical and operation strategies that align to the business strategy.
- Facilitate continuous product and delivery performance improvements by ensuring processes and procedures are followed, and regularly reviewed to identify opportunities/risks. Collaborate with respective teams to prioritise and plan on ways to meet objectives. Immersion in the relevant and current technology stack whilst staying on the forefront of industry innovation.
- Owns product(s), ensures product relevance and focus on quality delivery. Maintain the technical understanding and in-depth knowledge of the product in order to report and analyse the relevant performance metrics.
Required Skills and Experience
- Qualification in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Information Technology or equivalent
- Minimum of 5 years relevant experience
- Advantageous: C#, Java, Unity, HTML5, etc.
- In-depth understanding of development techniques, principles, and design principles
- Excellent understanding of the SDLC
- Strong leadership ability
- High technical aptitude
- Strategic and commercial mindset
- Proven product/project delivery experience
- Stakeholder management
- Solid agile understanding and experience
- Outstanding communication skills
- Extreme accountability and ownership
- Ability to effectively collaborate with team and stakeholders
- Excellent decision making and problem-solving skills
- Adaptably Resilient
- Collaborative Relationships
- Communicates and Influences Effectively
- Develops Talent
- Drives Results
- Resourceful and Improving
- Strategic Mindset
- Decision-making Quality
Are you ready to help make great games, fast?
As a learning organisation, we are always adapting, growing and expanding our know-how. In addition to this we reward our employees with a competitive package and benefits.
Apply today because together, we can achieve the impossible!