Backend Engineer at AutoTrader (Toronto, ON, Canada)
Location: Toronto, ON, Canada
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-06-18 05:01:37
Want to work somewhere awesome?
Awesome is who we are and awesome is what we do!
Trader Corporation is the team behind Canada’s leading automotive marketplace, AutoTrader.ca, as well as a world class digital advertising business. We are a technology driven company that creates compelling solutions for our users and dealer customers. We are expanding and looking for Senior Backend Engineer for web products at our downtown Toronto location
About the role:
In this role, you will develop backend cloud solutions: technical analysis, data implementation/architecture, unit testing, development, and integration testing.
What you’ll do:
- Perform root cause analysis on system errors, identifies corrective action, and liaises with engineering team members to resolve issues.
- Provide thorough documentation and technical support for existing applications.
- Maintain continuous integration and continuous deployment for applications.
- Support in the maintenance of existing software systems.
- University degree or diploma
- 3 years’ working knowledge of C#
- 3 years’ experience in Unit Testing (XUnit or NUnit)
- 4 years’ related experience in software development
- 3 years’ experience in Microsoft platform web development (Web APIs and/or MVC)
Good to have:
- Strong knowledge of both relational and non-relational data stores, SOLID principles, Unit Testing and quality tools.
- Database experience
- Must be able to conceptualize a technical solution and relay it to other team members and stakeholders.
- Work with Trader’s architecture group to implement software against reference specification.
- Extensive experience in building unit, component, and integration tests and knowledge of how to use this as a system contract between other system end points.
- Experience building cloud-based apps and a strong familiarity in the scalability, performance optimization, and monitoring of those apps.
What is in it for you:
- Vibrant, passionate and enthusiastic team
- Competitive base salary with performance bonuses
- Several additional bonuses available
- President’s Club recognition program and annual trip
- Development and growth programs
- Opportunities for advancement
- Retirement benefits
- Employee & Family Assistance and Wellness Program
- Gym membership discounts
Do we have your attention now? If so, we would love to hear from you!
At Trader Corporation, we welcome everyone to apply. We are committed to diversity and inclusion in our workplace, where every team member feels valued.