Unity VR Developer at METECS (Houston, TX)
Location: Houston, TX
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-06-18 05:01:37
In this position you will be responsible for implementing game functionality, building game code, and working collaboratively with a team to ensure the highest quality of the finished product. Working across many different departments, this role requires a candidate with excellent communication skills, a positive attitude and a good team ethic to help unify a common vision.
- Meeting with the design team to discuss gaming ideas and specifications
- Planning and implementing game functionality in Unity/C#
- Developing VR user interfaces in Unity
- Transforming design ideas into functional Unity scenes and code
- Identifying and fixing code errors and performance issues
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a similar field
- Previous experience working as a Unity developer
- Experience with VR development
- In-depth knowledge of Unity software and C#
- Experience with console and mobile game development
- Good communication skills
- Git and Gitlab experience
- Web development experience
- 3d modeling skills
- Multiplayer Unity development experience
- Experience with Unreal development
Citizenship or lawful permanent resident required due to federal position
About METECS -
We are a small high-performance team providing advanced engineering, software and analysis solutions for human space flight space and terrestrial applications. We develop and integrate software for NASA and other government and commercial customers utilizing a wide variety of custom, commercial, and open-source technologies. Our specialties include robotics controls & analysis software, spacecraft and commercial equipment dynamics simulations, immersive computer graphics, XR systems and web-based automation tools. Active and recent projects include algorithm development for NASA's Robonaut and Valkyrie robots, autonomous UAV control, RFID-Enabled Logistics Management for the International Space Station, the NASA Miniature Exercise Device (MED-2), spacecraft wireless Developmental Flight Instrumentation (DFI), the Orion Spacecraft Ascent Abort 2 mission, NASA s Exploration System Simulation (NExSyS), and NASA s Training Systems for the 21st Century initiative.
Perks: Flex hours, casual dress, get to make history.
METECS is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, religion, alienage or national origin, ancestry, age, disability or handicap, sex, gender, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.