Manager, Software Engineering at STARZ (Englewood, CO)
Location: Englewood, CO
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-06-18 05:01:37
Summary of Position
Starz is a leading premium content provider and has a number of small, start-up like teams that help to deliver content all around the world. You’ll help us iterate on our content ingest and delivery platform that is responsible for ingesting, transcoding, and delivering hundreds of thousands of hours of content around the world each month. You’ll have the opportunity in a fast-moving team to have a big impact in helping to increase our ability to create easy to use applications that help increase company efficiency and tell the content-lifecycle story internally to Starz.
- Drive day to day priorities for the development team
- Work closely with business partners to plan longer term projects
- Use data driven decision making to monitor and enhance performance of the team
- Troubleshoot production issues in support of the business
- Work closely with other teams to ensure on-time consistent delivery of the software platform
- Set the standards for the team and ensure they are followed
Qualifications & Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related technical field
- 5+ years of professional software development experience
- 1 year of experience as a team lead or Manager
- Experience building scalable systems/applications from conception through successful delivery to customers
- Experience with professional software engineering best practices such as Agile project management, coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
- Current certification or demonstrable experience with AWS
- Experience in a CI/CD pipeline
- Deep knowledge and experience with .net core in Docker
- Working proficiency and communication skills in verbal and written English
- Experience with Git and the GitFlow branching pattern
Nice to Haves
- Master’s, PhD degree, further education or experience in engineering, computer science orother technical related field
- Experience with one or more general purpose programming languages including but not limited to: Java, C/C++, C#, Objective C, Python, or Go
- Experience with Continuities Integration and Continuous Deployment of cloud-based applications
About the Company
Starz (www.starz.com), a Lionsgate company (NYSE: LGF.A, LGF.B), is a leading global media and entertainment company that produces and distributes premium streaming content to worldwide audiences across subscription television platforms. Starz is home to the flagship domestic STARZ® brand, STARZ ENCORE, 17 premium pay TV channels and the associated on-demand and online services, including the highly rated STARZ app. With the launch of the STARZPLAY international premium streaming platform and STARZ PLAY Arabia, Starz is expanding its global footprint in a growing number of territories. Sold through multichannel video distributors, including cable operators, satellite television providers, telecommunications companies, and other online and digital platforms, Starz offers subscribers more than 7,500 distinct premium television episodes and feature films, including STARZ Original series, first-run movies and other popular programming.
Business Unit Overview
StarzWith the Company aligning its studio operations behind the growth of its streaming business, Starz has become one of the pre-eminent modern premium global streaming platforms. Offering subscribers more than 7.500 television episodes, including Starz original series and provocative documentaries, along with a broad catalogue of first-run movies, Starz is taking the lead in delivering relatable premium content that makes it the platform of choice among a wide spectrum of female, African-American and other historically underserved audiences. Its focused brand, premium content and freedom from legacy relationships position Starz at the forefront of the new bundles emerging throughout the media ecosystem, a compelling value proposition to complement virtually every kind of subscription platform. Distinguished by its successful and focused content strategy, top programming, exceptional curation and speed to market, Starz has quickly scaled its platform to become one of the most widely distributed and fastest-growing OTT services in the world, with OTT subscribers making up more than half of its global subscriber base. The Starzplay International premium subscription service offers a “best of global SVOD” content portfolio in more than 50 countries throughout Europe, Latin America, Canada, Japan and India through a bespoke and expanding network of distribution partners. The Starzplay Arabia joint venture is one of the leading SVOD operators in the fast-growing Middle East and North Africa region. The proprietary and highly-rated Starz app, a proven hit with U.S. audiences, continues to roll out internationally.
- Full Coverage – Medical, Vision, and Dental
- Annual discretionary bonus and merit increase
- Work/Life Balance – generous sick days, vacation days, holidays, and Impact Day
- 401(k) company matching
- Tuition Reimbursement (up to graduate degree)
$140,700 - $172,400
Lionsgate is an equal employment opportunity employer. All employees and applicants are evaluated on the basis of their qualifications, consistent with applicable state and federal laws. In addition, Lionsgate will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. Lionsgate will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and federal law.