Infrastructure Software Engineer at Temporal Technologies () (allows remote)
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-06-18 05:01:37
We are on a mission to remove the complexity in developing reliable software for the cloud. If you want to solve hard distributed system problems, have a passion for open source software and building a strong developer community, then come join us in our mission.
What team members bring to the table:
First principal and critical thinking skills, good design sensibilities, experience working in or with distributed systems and the challenges they bring, and a passion for advancing the state of the art along with the potential to change the way developers everywhere write distributed applications.
What team members are doing at Temporal:
Collaborating daily with highly technical and truly brilliant leaders in the field, drawing pictures and writing words around architecture, design and implementation of innovative systems and software. Writing clean code either building on or utilizing Temporal to make the world a better place by providing value to developers through world-class open source and hosted software.
We're currently investing in our:
- Open Source Server platform
- Open Source Client Runtime/SDK to support many programming languages
- Developer community to build integrations
- SaaS offering
Technology We Enjoy:
- The right tool for the job
- Entirely cloud-based infrastructure
- A variety of programming languages
- CNCF projects and cloud native tooling
- Managed services with clean APIs
- Open Source Software
- Hashicorp Software
- Developer's choice of operating system (Mac, Linux, Windows)
Note: Temporal is written in Go (server) and Rust (core SDK), but language specific experience is not necessary to join.
You will be responsible for designing, building and maintaining the core infrastructure used by Temporal server product. This includes designing the infrastructure for both cloud offering and on-prem Enterprise solutions. You will also be responsible for designing, building and maintaining significant pieces of backend functionality for a highly scalable multi-tenant service. You will work on building key distributed systems components like Quotas, Throttling, Permissions, etc.
What You’ll Do
- Design and implement core backend service features
- Provide appropriate test coverage unit, integration, performance for feature ownership areas
- Clearly document design choices and operational knowledge to successfully deploy and run service with those features
- Provide appropriate service level logs and metric to make features operational for cloud service setup
- Provide appropriate alerts, dashboards, and runbooks for production
What You bring to us
- Experience building CI/CD and release pipelines using BuildKite, Travis, Jenkins, etc.
- Experience with deployment as code systems like Terraform, Chef, Puppet and Ansible
- Experience with container and management tool chains like Docker, Kubernetes, etc.
- Experience automating operations using Kubernetes Operators
- Scripting experience using bash, zsh, etc.
- 5 years Experience coding in Go, C, or Java