Software Quality Assurance Lead Engineer* at Software AG (Düsseldorf, Deutschland)
Location: Düsseldorf, Deutschland
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-06-18 05:01:39
SOFTWARE QUALITY ASSURANCE LEAD ENGINEER*
Location: Düsseldorf (Nordrhein-Westfalen/Germany) prefered or Darmstadt (Hessen/Germany)
You will join our Düsseldorf-based Cumulocity IoT Edge R&D team to work on developing the Cumulocity IoT Thin Edge platforms. Cumulocity is Software AG’s leading Internet of Things (IoT) platform, allowing millions of connected devices to be managed through public/private cloud and network edge deployments of the platform.
Software AG reimagines integration, sparks business transformation and enables fast innovation on the Internet of Things so you can pioneer differentiating business models. We give you the freedom to connect and integrate any technology from app to edge. We help you free data from silos so it’s shareable, usable and powerful - enabling you to make the best decisions and unlock entirely new possibilities for growth.
ABOUT THE JOB
- Provide technical leadership to the IoT Thin Edge R&Dteam in definingthe vision, strategy and implementation of the Software Quality Assurance for theCumulocityIoT Thin Edge platform
- Mentor the R&D team to ensure the quality of the platform and the continuous improvement of the developing processes, proposing testing approaches
- Responsible for defining and documenting the QA & test plans, capturing and thefunctional/non-functional test strategy, framework, plan and execution
- Responsible of the Quality Assessment of the platform on various hardware and in combination of various software, publishing performance data sheets
- Design and developautomated test suites for high-performance distributed systems,covering all areas of testing (functional correctness, robustness andperformance) at all levels (unit, integration andend-to-endintegration)inEdgedeployments
- Contribute to the CI/CD pipeline automation, writing automated system & integration tests, implementing test harnesses and tools, collecting quality metrics
- Contribute to issue reporting and investigation, providing data, metrics and tools
- Working in a cross-functionalAgile teamto ensure the quality of the platformthrough the complete development lifecycle from specification through to implementation, testing, deployment and support
- Contribute and adopt practices such as reuse, defect prevention, process optimisation, process automation, productivity enhancement
- Playing a key role in evangelizing the Thin Edge platform in various open source forums, events and summits
- You will be a conscientious, highly motivated, assertive and skilled individual who will bring relevant skills and experience to the role, but who will also be keen to learn, adapt to and utilise new technologies, patterns and best practices
- You will already be an experienced software developer with the will, skills and experience to lead the tests and quality assurance of a software product, ideally with a background in high-performance server-side or IoT development and a practical experience of commercial software engineering
- You will have strong interpersonal and presentation skills, including the ability to communicate clearly and concisely with your peers and prospects/customers. Ability and willingness to lead and mentor junior team members is necessary
- You will be able to operate independently and work on your own initiative, taking ownership and responsibility for software deliverables, sometimes working to tight deadlines while still delivering high-quality software
Experience & Qualification
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject with a firm understanding of software testing
- Expertise in software testing and test automation in the context of distributed systems – test planning and execution, test strategies and tools, continuous integration, functional correctness, robustness and performance at all levels (unit, integration andsystem tests), exploratory testing
- Strong analysis skills and judgement – issue investigation, root cause analysis, identification of improvement areas, identification of risks and test coverage holes
- Experience in programming in native languages – like C, C++, Rust, Go etc – on Linux environments
- Solid scripting skills (e.g., Python, shell scripts, Perl, Ruby) and understanding/experience of building frameworks using them
- Experience of embedded systems – notably embedded software testing and preparation of test benches on constrained environments (using Yocto or other embedded Linux distributions)
- Ability to operate, test and improve sophisticated IoT systems combining various hardware & technologies - network topologies, transport protocols, messaging systems, cloud computing, embedded systems, stream processing, data management, analytics, security, identity management etc.
- Ability to be productive in a globally distributed team through self-discipline and self-motivation, delivering according to a schedule
- Background in Industrial IoT use-cases and understanding of Edge computing in the context of the edge devices like routers, gateways, PLCs, etc.
- Familiarity with agile development tools and practices including continuous integration and deployment
- Ability to effectively communicate and influence both technical and non-technical stakeholders and customers
Please apply only online. Your application should contain a short cover letter, a curriculum vitae in tabular form as well as your training and work references.
Tanja Topal, Manager HR Recruiting & Onboarding DACH, Phone +49 (0) 681 210 3105
*f/m/d - diversity matters!
Lern more about Software AG: www.SoftwareAG.com