Senior Fullstack Engineer at Pixelberry Studios (Mountain View, CA)
Location: Mountain View, CA
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-06-18 05:01:41
Pixelberry Studios is a top mobile games developer, creating fun and engaging games with heart for over nine years. We’re a division of Nexon, one of the Top 10 largest gaming companies in the world. Our studio is 3-for-3 launching games into the App Store's Top 25 Grossing chart. Our market-leading, award-winning mobile game, Choices: Stories You Play, broke into the Top 5 in the App Store. Our vision for success is based around innovative game design, diversity, and putting our players first!
We've seen firsthand the positive impact that games can make. Because of that, we leverage our commercial success to make a real difference: we have partnered with numerous non-profits, saved actual lives with our games, and donated hundreds of thousands of dollars to charities. Players love our games’ focus on racial, gender, sexual, and identity diversity while holding us accountable when they expect more.
Some of us at Pixelberry have worked together for over 10 years through multiple companies. As a result, we strive to create long-term relationships that help sustain our success. We continue to add new individuals who aren’t just searching for another stepping stone but a place to put down roots and actively make a difference. We love what we do and are looking for passionate, like-minded people who want to grow, learn, and make a difference together.
SUMMARY OF POSITION
Pixelberry Studios is looking for a passionate, eclectic, knowledgeable Senior Engineer (Full Stack) to help us develop our future. You’ll be writing and maintaining features alongside the rest of the engineering team, as well as communicating with other departments when necessary.
You should have experience as a Full Stack Engineer, ideally within the mobile gaming industry. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, we are operating remotely at this time. Once we resume onsite operations, position is expected to work out of Mountain View, CA. In our post-COVID environment, we will return to working from home twice a week. Therefore, we are looking for motivated people who thrive with a high degree of autonomy.
- Participate in all aspects of the project life-cycle, from design to release
- Design, code, unit test, and maintain codebases that work at scale for large communities
- Enjoy collaborating with others to deliver high quality team results
- Happy to use the code review process to communicate and mentor oneself and others
- Computer Science degree, or equivalent work experience
- Skilled in multiple languages (JS, TS, C#, C++, Java, or Python)
- Solid foundational development skills / concepts (OOP, TDD, SOLID, GOF, data structures, algorithms, etc.)
- Advanced debugging skills, involving multithreading, memory leaks, etc.
- 3+ years demonstrable experience in server technologies (C#, Node.js, Java, etc.)
- 3+ years demonstrable experience in client technologies (React, TS, CSS, etc.)
- Experience working as part of a lean, agile engineering team
- A passion for games, and an understanding of how they work
- Good communication skills
- Cloud infrastructure experience (AWS, GCP)
- Experienced with AWS Features (S3, Lambda, Xray, EventBridge, EC2, Route 53, etc.)
- Unity 3D
- Open Source Contributor
BENEFITS & PERKS
High level of autonomy and freedom
Rich & flexible health, disability, and employee assistance offerings to meet the needs of a diverse workforce
401(K) with matching program
Paid Year-End Break
Relaxed office environment with free food and snacks and WFH Tuesdays and Thursdays (pre-COVID)
Virtual escape rooms, video game nights, trivia parties, and other team-building activities throughout the year!
Pixelberry values a diverse workplace and strongly encourages women, Black/BIPOC, LGBT individuals, people with disabilities, members of ethnic minorities, foreign-born residents, and veterans to apply. Pixelberry Studios is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will not be discriminated against because of race, color, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, citizenship status, disability, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, medical condition or any protected category prohibited by local, state or federal laws.